Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

stretch series progressions

Benjamin Chin

Benjamin Chin

With the new update to the website, the front split, side split, thoracic stretch series now come with individual exercises, not just the follow along videos. I've been doing the follow along videos for several years. I assume that my next step is to add all the exercises and go through those progressions, rather than the follow along videos? 

If so, my only other questions are: how much time should I allow for the final progression? And once I move through the final progression, should I just stay there every week? 

Seems like a lot of volume, particularly with the extended warm up. But if that's what you all recommend I'm game! :-)

-Ben

Alessandro Mainente
19 hours ago, Benjamin Chin said:

With the new update to the website, the front split, side split, thoracic stretch series now come with individual exercises, not just the follow along videos. I've been doing the follow along videos for several years. I assume that my next step is to add all the exercises and go through those progressions, rather than the follow along videos? 

If so, my only other questions are: how much time should I allow for the final progression? And once I move through the final progression, should I just stay there every week? 

Seems like a lot of volume, particularly with the extended warm up. But if that's what you all recommend I'm game! :-)

-Ben

Hi Benjamin, probably the best solution should be using more often the final step with long holds and use the previous elements as a warmup with less duration!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Benjamin thanks for asking this question. I’ve been confused as what to do here. 

My plan was to do the follow along (A0) and then do the progressions sequentially A1 => A2 => … => A22. That is try to master A1, do a form check and then move to A2 if it looks good. 

What it sounds like you are doing Ben is stopping A0 and, instead, doing A1 through A22 in parallel. Is that right? If so, when you get to mastery of a particular progression would you then drop down to a lower step (like step 4) while trying to get mastery of the other progressions?

Also, what’s the extended warm up you mentioned in your post?

Finally, how much rest time do we have between sets in the progression? I’m used to the coupled strength/mobility progressions where the “rest” is the mobility.

Thanks in advance!

Alessandro Mainente
9 hours ago, Nithin Reddy said:

Hi Benjamin thanks for asking this question. I’ve been confused as what to do here. 

My plan was to do the follow along (A0) and then do the progressions sequentially A1 => A2 => … => A22. That is try to master A1, do a form check and then move to A2 if it looks good. 

What it sounds like you are doing Ben is stopping A0 and, instead, doing A1 through A22 in parallel. Is that right? If so, when you get to mastery of a particular progression would you then drop down to a lower step (like step 4) while trying to get mastery of the other progressions?

Also, what’s the extended warm up you mentioned in your post?

Finally, how much rest time do we have between sets in the progression? I’m used to the coupled strength/mobility progressions where the “rest” is the mobility.

Thanks in advance!

Hi NIthin i hope my answers are clear:

1) before moving to another exercise you must complete the mastery of the previous, for example, 5x15r of incline pushup before moving to regular floor pushup;

2) extended warmup is an additional class if you have a subscription, it can be found from the class finder in the ùgb course portal;

3) you are correct. active rest is what beginners need!

Hi Alessandro. 

9 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

1) before moving to another exercise you must complete the mastery of the previous, for example, 5x15r of incline pushup before moving to regular floor pushup;

2) extended warmup is an additional class if you have a subscription, it can be found from the class finder in the ùgb course portal;

3) you are correct. active rest is what beginners need!

1) Ok, I will completed the Stretch Follow Along first (A0), then do the stretch progressions afterwards in order.

2) Ok, yep, I see the extended warmup in the class finder.

3) There is no mobility for stretch progressions, so I’m not sure what active rest I should do in between stretch progression sets. 

DF992B81-0A76-40B3-8121-7CB1A52BEC5C.jpeg

Alessandro Mainente
On 9/18/2021 at 6:22 PM, Nithin Reddy said:

Hi Alessandro. 

1) Ok, I will completed the Stretch Follow Along first (A0), then do the stretch progressions afterwards in order.

2) Ok, yep, I see the extended warmup in the class finder.

3) There is no mobility for stretch progressions, so I’m not sure what active rest I should do in between stretch progression sets. 

DF992B81-0A76-40B3-8121-7CB1A52BEC5C.jpeg

Stretch series do not have integrated mobility...it is mobility itself.

• 4 months later...
Dana Polojarvi

Hi, guys,

Do any of you know where the follow along videos are now? I can’t seem to find them anymore. All I see are the individual exercises, and I really like using the follow along.

Thanks!

Jeffrey Bittner

@Dana Polojarvi You can find the full Follow Along video for each Stretch Course on the 'Guided Plans' page. You can also access the Stretch courses on the 'Build Your Own Workout' page in the 'Follow Along' section under the 'Mobility' tab. Are you able to find everything you are looking for?