Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Confused about GB / foundations

Roberto De Blasio

Roberto De Blasio

I just got the GB Pro subsricption and im a bit confused as there is some information that seems to be missing. Before starting I could complete: ca. 10 pull ups, 60s chin hold, 6 ring dips, non existent handstand, L-sit for 3s, partial ROM skin the cat. Im 19 and in good physical shape, with somewhat poor mobility. 

1. No rest time explained. Am I supposed to go from one exercise f.ex. dips and then straight to the mobility exercise? And after that should I go straight back to dips again? What are recommended rest times? 
2. When to do HS, L-sit and skin the cat / german hang. Other routines usually recommend before the 'strength' part of the program. Again no informartion to find about it. 
3. Mobility before and after workout. From what I understand it is reccomended to do some daily mobility for upkeep; then sometimes longer mobility after warmup but before workout; then light mobility after workout (static?); and then on off days something like front split and side split mobility.  Is prehab / rehab preffered on off days, before or after workouts? (knee series or ankle series f.example). 
4. Since im using the subcription will I automatic progressions for my program? currently I can only see my week, how do i see next weeks schedule for example?

Currently love the content I have seen so far :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alessandro Mainente
20 hours ago, Roberto De Blasio said:

I just got the GB Pro subsricption and im a bit confused as there is some information that seems to be missing. Before starting I could complete: ca. 10 pull ups, 60s chin hold, 6 ring dips, non existent handstand, L-sit for 3s, partial ROM skin the cat. Im 19 and in good physical shape, with somewhat poor mobility. 

1. No rest time explained. Am I supposed to go from one exercise f.ex. dips and then straight to the mobility exercise? And after that should I go straight back to dips again? What are recommended rest times? 
2. When to do HS, L-sit and skin the cat / german hang. Other routines usually recommend before the 'strength' part of the program. Again no informartion to find about it. 
3. Mobility before and after workout. From what I understand it is reccomended to do some daily mobility for upkeep; then sometimes longer mobility after warmup but before workout; then light mobility after workout (static?); and then on off days something like front split and side split mobility.  Is prehab / rehab preffered on off days, before or after workouts? (knee series or ankle series f.example). 
4. Since im using the subcription will I automatic progressions for my program? currently I can only see my week, how do i see next weeks schedule for example?

Currently love the content I have seen so far :)

HI Roberto, welcome to GB. 

GYmnasticbodis platform offers a good number of solutions, for people who need prehab, rehab, restore, strong work of mobility, move the first steps into GST, learning the handstand from zero etc. The basic idea is to use what is necessary for you. IF:

- you need mobility, then from the class finder in the top part of the page you can see the weekly and daily structure (make it visible by enabling the "detail view on the top right corner") and by scrolling down you can add the stretch series whatever you want in the day you prefer;

- you need additional work you can choose the "restore series" for the joint where you need additional work;

- when you complete a workout you need to log it by clicking the icon close to the "trash icon" in the weekly schedule and the system will update. In order to

- if you want to see the list of the progression it can be done by accessing the "course library" from the top right corner of the GB portal interface;

- you need to add a class search in the class finder for example foundation "upper body" and add it with a click on the "+" button and select the days you want to train with it.

For the rest of the question, the you "rest" is the integrated mobility simply because at this stage of development is much better using actively the rest.

For your level suggest doing foundations work, handstand, and stretch series as a primary goal, no additional work on skin the ca or german hang is necessary.

Once you have chosen when to do foundations you can add stretch series and handstand on the other days. or you can eventually use a stretch series after the workout. 

specific decisions are made up of your weekly availability, daily availability, logistic structure availability.

All these things are explained deeply on the main page of the Gb portal. it needs a bit of time to be learned but as the system is more flexible as it can be more strctured.

• Thanks 1

Roberto De Blasio

Grazie per l'aiuto Ale. (I'll continue in English for others people's sake) 

Currently I can do 6 single leg squats on right leg and 2 on left leg. I can also comfortably clear the ninth step in both pull ups and PB dips. Should I just continue from these places and jump ALL the mobility? Or should I go back and follow each step so i also get the mobility work with each step? 

Alessandro Mainente
5 hours ago, Roberto De Blasio said:

Grazie per l'aiuto Ale. (I'll continue in English for others people's sake) 

Currently I can do 6 single leg squats on right leg and 2 on left leg. I can also comfortably clear the ninth step in both pull ups and PB dips. Should I just continue from these places and jump ALL the mobility? Or should I go back and follow each step so i also get the mobility work with each step? 

My basic suggestion is basing the advance on the weak side and on the mobility deficit. this means that if there is not a minimum of mobility is not suggested to move on. You are welcome to post your form in the private forum.

• 4 months later...
FREDERIC DUPONT
On 4/16/2021 at 3:49 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

All these things are explained deeply on the main page of the Gb portal. it needs a bit of time to be learned but as the system is more flexible as it can be more strctured. 

Hello @Alessandro, where is that page (link?) please

Alessandro Mainente
On 8/25/2021 at 7:18 AM, FREDERIC DUPONT said:

Hello @Alessandro, where is that page (link?) please

It is simply the main page of the GB course portal.

• Thanks 1