Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New Regiment

Aaron Hughson

Aaron Hughson

I know for the most part weight training is normally frowned upon for people not with the proper foundation but if someone could give me a little advice I would appreciate it.

All weighted training follows Reverse Pyramid Training. Foam Roller in the morning every morning. 7 Minute WarmUp.

Im doing this for my girlfriend by the way. Otherwise I wouldn’t train weights. I also work a job which I’m up and down stairs part of my day.

Monday

Band Series Upper PreHab/ Warm-Up

Overhead Barbell Press

Lat Pull Down

Skull Crushers

Lateral Raises

Tuesday 

GST HIIT 1

Foundation Core

Front Split Series

Wednesday

Bands Ankles

Hip Restore

Back Squat

Romanian Deadlifts

Bulgarian Split Squats

Hip Thrusters

Restore Hamstrings

Thursday

30 Minute Legs

Middle Split

Friday

Restore Shoulder, Scapula, Thoracic

Dumbbell Row

Dumbbell Maltese + Curl on flat bench

Seated upright chest row

Incline Bench

Saturday

HIIT GST 1

Foundation Upper Body

Thoracic Stretch Series

Thanks

Alessandro Mainente
41 minutes ago, Aaron Hughson said:

I know for the most part weight training is normally frowned upon for people not with the proper foundation but if someone could give me a little advice I would appreciate it.

All weighted training follows Reverse Pyramid Training. Foam Roller in the morning every morning. 7 Minute WarmUp.

Im doing this for my girlfriend by the way. Otherwise I wouldn’t train weights. I also work a job which I’m up and down stairs part of my day.

Monday

Band Series Upper PreHab/ Warm-Up

Overhead Barbell Press

Lat Pull Down

Skull Crushers

Lateral Raises

Tuesday 

GST HIIT 1

Foundation Core

Front Split Series

Wednesday

Bands Ankles

Hip Restore

Back Squat

Romanian Deadlifts

Bulgarian Split Squats

Hip Thrusters

Restore Hamstrings

Thursday

30 Minute Legs

Middle Split

Friday

Restore Shoulder, Scapula, Thoracic

Dumbbell Row

Dumbbell Maltese + Curl on flat bench

Seated upright chest row

Incline Bench

Saturday

HIIT GST 1

Foundation Upper Body

Thoracic Stretch Series

Thanks

Hi AAron, the first thing that should be defined is the final goal. If the final goal is achieving bodyweight skills you can take off all the weights work simply because the principle of specificity is violated.

The second thing is that having this schedule itself is not enough indicative but simply because there are no indication of intensity, volume, reps etc.

GB portal is made up and suited for having a good average volume and intensity so judging everything concerned with it is possible and it is fine. But evaluating everything else requires deeper knowledge about volume intensity etc. personally i think this is something that needs personal tutelage.

Aaron Hughson
7 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi AAron, the first thing that should be defined is the final goal. If the final goal is achieving bodyweight skills you can take off all the weights work simply because the principle of specificity is violated.

The second thing is that having this schedule itself is not enough indicative but simply because there are no indication of intensity, volume, reps etc.

GB portal is made up and suited for having a good average volume and intensity so judging everything concerned with it is possible and it is fine. But evaluating everything else requires deeper knowledge about volume intensity etc. personally i think this is something that needs personal tutelage.

Thanks for the reply was trying to prevent an already long post from being even longer. 

My personal goals are Mobility, Strength, and Flexibility. The skill sets are secondary to that goal but I feel it is indicative of my original goals nonetheless. 

As far as intensity goes...

GST I’m pretty much on Foundation 1 Series Elements. Flexibility is improving weekly but tiny results in ROM are more so felt in the ease of transitions between exercises.

For the weights intensity is low moderate. In Reverse Pyramid Training you work with your heaviest weight something you can complete within the 4-6 Rep range and rest for 2-3 Minutes. Drop 10% weight and go for 6-8 reps, Drop again and go 8-10 reps. 

2-3 Sets is the max, the rep range of 4-6,6-8, 8-10 is pretty standard for all exercises with the exception of lateral raise which is much lighter weights with 12-15 rep range.

Form is critical first. GST has already helped in this regard. Shoulder Flexion, PPT, APT. 

Im concerned a little but like I said I’m doing this for her for 8 weeks. I’m hoping she sees results. She loves fitness and just wants to feel strong in her body. If I’m a bit of a boost in the mind set department then I’ll just have to make improvements and improvise where necessary for myself.