Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Back Lever question

Nuno Duarte

Nuno Duarte

Hi! Hope everyone is doing well! 

I have a question regarding back Lever : when doing this element, sometimes feels like my upper arm is resting on my lats. In this video I show a set where this is happening and another where I corrected this situation. It does not feel more difficult, only the variation where my arm is resting on the lats feels more uncomfortable. What do you think is correct?

Thanks for the feedback!! 

Nuno Duarte. 

Alessandro Mainente
13 hours ago, Nuno Duarte said:

Hi! Hope everyone is doing well! 

I have a question regarding back Lever : when doing this element, sometimes feels like my upper arm is resting on my lats. In this video I show a set where this is happening and another where I corrected this situation. It does not feel more difficult, only the variation where my arm is resting on the lats feels more uncomfortable. What do you think is correct?

Thanks for the feedback!! 

Nuno Duarte. 

Hey Nuno, both the form is not completely correct because the shoulders are still rolled inward. 

How can you understand that? because they are aligned with the belly and not with the frontal plane (the line that cuts the body on anterior and posterior part) of the body. The only way to avoid that is by unrolling the shoulder. Anterior shoulder blade tilts should not be confused with protraction.

Alessandro Mainente
2 hours ago, Nuno Duarte said:

Hi @Alessandro Mainente! I think I see what you mean. Is the form completely correct now? The problem with the arms resting on the lats seems to have disappeared..

NIcely done my friend.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Hello everyone! Hope you are all doing well!!

I have a question regarding back lever: when i work with this element i found that i have an imbalance on my shoulders as you can see in the first video. I tought i was "rolling in" my right shoulder too much, but when i try to "roll in " my left shoulder the problem seems to disappear as you can see on the second video. Do you have any idea what rhe problem might be? I think my form is correct as you can see from the side view...

Thank you for your help as always!!!

Nuno Duarte. 

Alessandro Mainente
14 hours ago, Nuno Duarte said:

Hello everyone! Hope you are all doing well!!

I have a question regarding back lever: when i work with this element i found that i have an imbalance on my shoulders as you can see in the first video. I tought i was "rolling in" my right shoulder too much, but when i try to "roll in " my left shoulder the problem seems to disappear as you can see on the second video. Do you have any idea what rhe problem might be? I think my form is correct as you can see from the side view...

Thank you for your help as always!!!

Nuno Duarte. 

The problem can be different shoulder mobility, specifically, the left one has more anterior tilt. If you the back lever this way you have more stress of the left side.

Thanks!!! That is what i thought. But should i roll in the left shoulder or work on the right to have more anterior tilt??

Thanks again!!

Alessandro Mainente
20 hours ago, Nuno Duarte said:

Thanks!!! That is what i thought. But should i roll in the left shoulder or work on the right to have more anterior tilt??

Thanks again!!

The ability to roll can be technical and in this case, you should be able to roll out without problem or limited by tissue range of motion. be careful because if you get used to roll -in the shoulder the stress on connective tissues was different from left to right. probably to get used to the new position you should use an easier variation. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Alessandro! But just to be clear its the left shoulder that needs correction right?

Sorry, sometimes my english is not the best...

Thanks again,

Nuno.

Alessandro Mainente
13 hours ago, Nuno Duarte said:

Thanks Alessandro! But just to be clear its the left shoulder that needs correction right?

Sorry, sometimes my english is not the best...

Thanks again,

Nuno.

YES.

• Thanks 1