Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Front lever rows

Wilensky Joshua

Wilensky Joshua

Anyone have any tips for how to perform full front lever rows/pull-ups? I am able to hold a full front lever for 5 sets of 10s, but can’t even come close to a single front lever row. As soon as I start to pull, I lose my front lever. I can do adv tuck rows fairly easily. Not sure where the weak link is.  Thanks for the help.

Alessandro Mainente
8 hours ago, Wilensky Joshua said:

Anyone have any tips for how to perform full front lever rows/pull-ups? I am able to hold a full front lever for 5 sets of 10s, but can’t even come close to a single front lever row. As soon as I start to pull, I lose my front lever. I can do adv tuck rows fairly easily. Not sure where the weak link is.  Thanks for the help.

The answer is pretty simple: they are different. One is purely straight arm movement, the other one is a combination of bent arm and straight arm. Having 10000 seconds won't give you the strength to move higher because they refer to different energetic systems. For improving the front lever pull-up you need to train them beginning from an accessible variation.

Thomas Hanssen

Rubber bands can be helpful to bridge the gap between open tuck and straddle.

Hold the bands in your hands and put it behind your glutes.  Easier if the bar is at hip height.