Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

F3 - F4 workout frequency

Anita Clarke

Anita Clarke

I have been doing GB since late 2014 religiously and have gotten great results from it. (of course I have had a setback or two along the way)  However I am struggling a bit now because I am working on many F3ish elements and am having a difficult time juggling my work load and progressing on some exercises. I hear of people doing this program twice and even three times a week on higher level elements and I cannot figure out how lol. I have been adding additional sets to the end of my foundations using the Coaches recommended schedule, however any time I have tried to move to a 2x a week schedule I seem to over time develop aches and pains.(the bad kind) This was not an issue so much when I was doing F1 and some of F2. I have noticed that some of the exercises, such as the wrist work and Handstand I seem to thrive on a once a week schedule. One thing that seemed to cause me issues when I was attempting 2x a week is that many of the elements in the later foundations seem to have some carry over into other elements, meaning your are working the same "muscles groups", but doing a different element. The other issue I had doing a 2x a week schedule was that it doubled the time you spent working out, which isn't a issue on its own, but when your splitting your time up with other physical activities it can turn into a very long overall time and a very tired person at the end of the day. LOL. I would love to do a 2 x a week schedule, but I HATE getting injured and burned out so I figured I would get some informed opinions on my questions here so I can be set up for success.

1. I always hear from "workout experts" "once a week is not enough". Is it possible to be someone who performs best doing Foundations 1x a week? (considering your doing other physical activities such as martial arts, tumbling, running etc etc...)

2. If I am stuck on a element and adding in extra sets is not cutting it, should I add that element alone in an additional day a week? Since doing twice a week as the norm has demonstrated I get overuse injuries, then should I return to once a week when I move past it?

Thanks for any replies:)

Alessandro Mainente
5 hours ago, Anita Clarke said:

I have been doing GB since late 2014 religiously and have gotten great results from it. (of course I have had a setback or two along the way)  However I am struggling a bit now because I am working on many F3ish elements and am having a difficult time juggling my work load and progressing on some exercises. I hear of people doing this program twice and even three times a week on higher level elements and I cannot figure out how lol. I have been adding additional sets to the end of my foundations using the Coaches recommended schedule, however any time I have tried to move to a 2x a week schedule I seem to over time develop aches and pains.(the bad kind) This was not an issue so much when I was doing F1 and some of F2. I have noticed that some of the exercises, such as the wrist work and Handstand I seem to thrive on a once a week schedule. One thing that seemed to cause me issues when I was attempting 2x a week is that many of the elements in the later foundations seem to have some carry over into other elements, meaning your are working the same "muscles groups", but doing a different element. The other issue I had doing a 2x a week schedule was that it doubled the time you spent working out, which isn't a issue on its own, but when your splitting your time up with other physical activities it can turn into a very long overall time and a very tired person at the end of the day. LOL. I would love to do a 2 x a week schedule, but I HATE getting injured and burned out so I figured I would get some informed opinions on my questions here so I can be set up for success.

1. I always hear from "workout experts" "once a week is not enough". Is it possible to be someone who performs best doing Foundations 1x a week? (considering your doing other physical activities such as martial arts, tumbling, running etc etc...)

2. If I am stuck on a element and adding in extra sets is not cutting it, should I add that element alone in an additional day a week? Since doing twice a week as the norm has demonstrated I get overuse injuries, then should I return to once a week when I move past it?

Thanks for any replies:)

Hi Anita, workout experts say general things. what is correct is that the appropriate training schedule is what is sustainable for you: mentally and physically. We do not have the same body recoverability or central nervous system. When i train weighted squat i can do one heavy session every 10 days while there are people doing twice in 7 days. The main problem concerned with pain etc is the average intensity, if it is too high probably you will find a worse situation!