Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

V-sit or Manna?

Ortprod

I noticed in Workout Logs that someone had set a target for a 30 second v-sit ...I may be wrong but I think a 30 second v-sit is a little long. Why wouldn't you just go for a full manna?

Edward Smith

Ortprod,

A V-sit and a manna are very different things. They require different training. And I personally would say Manna's are more about upper body strength then core strength (there is of course great demand on the core but the upper body would need more strengthening in that plane).

Ed

Oh, I understand. heh, I just didn't know it was possible to do a v-sit for that long o.O

George Launchbury

Hi guys,

I hope you don't mind, but I moved this thread since it seemed more relevant (and useful) to place it in this section ...rather than derailing a Workout Log :)

Regards,

George.

• 2 weeks later...

no prob. I am trying to work towards a higher v-sit right now as well. Should I continue on the full minute of static hold work? I realize that doing a higher hold requires more tension and therefor puts more stress on the body. I had been doing 2 sets of 30 seconds on my L-sits and I think I wore myself out. I dreaded doing them every day I had to train, lol.

• 3 weeks later...
Stutz4Life

For a V-Sit and Manna it requires a lot of strength through out your arms. As well as core strength. Loosening up the triceps before V-Sits and Manna will increase flexibility. Swinging Dips and Shoulder Flex are good excercises for the triceps.

hey Stutz,

what is a shoulder flex, if you don't mind my asking? Like a bridge or the opposite (skin the cat)? I realize it is active upper body/arm flexibility, would back levers help for the arm portion of this?

Thanks guys!

Edward Smith

I think back levers are good antagonist work to the manna. They both have the shoulder in the same range and have theshoulder working both ways pushing (Manna) and pulling (Back Lever)

I agree, Ed.

Has anyone else worked up to either a v-sit or mana? If so what are your stats and how long did it take?