Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

When to move forward with mobility progressions?

MacJames Flynn

MacJames Flynn

Hi. I've been doing the "Introduction" Segment 1 for three weeks now and I have a question about when to move to the next segment.

Right now, segment 1 has me doing some of the fundamental series, restore series, band series, and daily limber series throughout the week. In the fundamentals I know when to move forward because on movements like crab and ape for example, in the supplemental PDF it says I have to complete the exercise in good form over a certain distance before I move forward. But for others stuff like the bands and the daily limber or restore series, I'm not sure when I've gotten far enough into a stretch where I can say it's time to move to the next segment. 

There are nine segments in the intro series, so I'm not sure if I should either rotate through, one segment per week, finishing with #9, then starting over at #1 and rotating through again until I'm properly flexible, or stick with each segment for as long as it takes until I can do the exercise properly, then move to the next segment?

Also how will I know when I'm ready to move on with bands? Or is there no end point for the bands? 

thanks.

Alessandro Mainente
16 hours ago, MacJames Flynn said:

Hi. I've been doing the "Introduction" Segment 1 for three weeks now and I have a question about when to move to the next segment.

Right now, segment 1 has me doing some of the fundamental series, restore series, band series, and daily limber series throughout the week. In the fundamentals I know when to move forward because on movements like crab and ape for example, in the supplemental PDF it says I have to complete the exercise in good form over a certain distance before I move forward. But for others stuff like the bands and the daily limber or restore series, I'm not sure when I've gotten far enough into a stretch where I can say it's time to move to the next segment. 

There are nine segments in the intro series, so I'm not sure if I should either rotate through, one segment per week, finishing with #9, then starting over at #1 and rotating through again until I'm properly flexible, or stick with each segment for as long as it takes until I can do the exercise properly, then move to the next segment?

Also how will I know when I'm ready to move on with bands? Or is there no end point for the bands? 

thanks.

hi Macjames, talking about restore and bands, the best solution is having a form check in order to see if the technique..FIRST...is ok. then we can evaluate range of motion.

MacJames Flynn
7 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

hi Macjames, talking about restore and bands, the best solution is having a form check in order to see if the technique..FIRST...is ok. then we can evaluate range of motion.

Thanks Alessandro, how should I complete the form check? Is there a reference chart pdf or should I post a video?