Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tight Hamstrings

Patrick Anderson

Patrick Anderson

I am currently working through the intro, I spent 6 weeks doing segment 1 and I can't really say that I've nailed it all mainly due to my rather tight hamstrings. I've moved onto segment 2 which I'll no doubt stick on for another couple of months. 

So to loosen the hamstrings, I do the 'hamstring restore' section twice each day, I'm definitely seeing progress but it's awfully slow and I'm wondering, should I be observing the rest days or should I space the hamstring restore exercises and perhaps do one in the morning and one in the evening. Any suggestions are very welcome. 

As an aside, I'm enjoying the pace of the introduction so far.

Alessandro Mainente
13 hours ago, Patrick Anderson said:

I am currently working through the intro, I spent 6 weeks doing segment 1 and I can't really say that I've nailed it all mainly due to my rather tight hamstrings. I've moved onto segment 2 which I'll no doubt stick on for another couple of months. 

So to loosen the hamstrings, I do the 'hamstring restore' section twice each day, I'm definitely seeing progress but it's awfully slow and I'm wondering, should I be observing the rest days or should I space the hamstring restore exercises and perhaps do one in the morning and one in the evening. Any suggestions are very welcome. 

As an aside, I'm enjoying the pace of the introduction so far.

Hi Patrick, you can consider the idea of doing it more often...personally i suggest some daily work.

Alessandro Mainente
14 hours ago, Patrick Anderson said:

Hi Alessandro, I'm not sure I understand, what is 'daily work' in this in this context

Doing the restore....daily.

Patrick Anderson

Sure, I've understood that and as I mentioned, I'm doing it on a daily basis. My question is there any value in spacing the repetition?

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Patrick, for the moment no. In the case of tight tissues, the focus should be the form of the exercises and learning the relaxtion.

• Like 1