Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mobility with shoulder injury

Darren Grotyohann

Darren Grotyohann

Hello, im just starting your program, the program selector told me to get the level 2 plan. i have a SLAP tear in the labrom of my left shoulder. The PT ive been to explained i have an unstable joint and i worked hard to strengthen the area so i will not dislocate it again. I am a bit afraid of the shoulder mobility work because i dont want to dislocate it agian. What is the risk for me and would you recommend any changes in the program for me?

Alessandro Mainente
10 hours ago, Darren Grotyohann said:

Hello, im just starting your program, the program selector told me to get the level 2 plan. i have a SLAP tear in the labrom of my left shoulder. The PT ive been to explained i have an unstable joint and i worked hard to strengthen the area so i will not dislocate it again. I am a bit afraid of the shoulder mobility work because i dont want to dislocate it agian. What is the risk for me and would you recommend any changes in the program for me?

Hi Darren, can i ask you if you PT told you some exercises? there are many SLAP tears and every situation has its own program of rehab.

Darren Grotyohann

During my rehab i had a lot of exercises. A lot of rowing variations to help scapula stability and a lot of motions mimicking throwing and push ups to strengthen the front of the shoulder and pecks. What he told me is that i need more scapula stability but that the muscles on the front are going to prevent anothet dislocation.

My question again is only to know if youd revommend someone with this type of injury to change some of the mobilty work or if thete is something to "keep an eye out" for?

Edited by Darren Grotyohann

Alessandro Mainente
On 10/24/2020 at 1:30 AM, Darren Grotyohann said:

During my rehab i had a lot of exercises. A lot of rowing variations to help scapula stability and a lot of motions mimicking throwing and push ups to strengthen the front of the shoulder and pecks. What he told me is that i need more scapula stability but that the muscles on the front are going to prevent anothet dislocation.

My question again is only to know if youd revommend someone with this type of injury to change some of the mobilty work or if thete is something to "keep an eye out" for?

I recommend for the moment to continue the rehab process and strengthening the muscles which avoid another instability and reduce the amount of work in the range of movent where you need to be more cautious.