Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Best way to improve wrist strength and wrist maintenance

A Clifton-Jones

A Clifton-Jones

I've been doing GB for 6 months now and have progressed to negative handstands but experiencing a bit of pain in my right wrist (nothing in my left). Any tips on how to rebuild wrist strength and maintenance to keep the wrist in good shape? I follow the wrist warm-up always before doing wrist work. 

Alessandro Mainente
7 hours ago, A Clifton-Jones said:

I've been doing GB for 6 months now and have progressed to negative handstands but experiencing a bit of pain in my right wrist (nothing in my left). Any tips on how to rebuild wrist strength and maintenance to keep the wrist in good shape? I follow the wrist warm-up always before doing wrist work. 

Hi Jones, well the primary doubt that should be solved is if the problem is a range of motion deficit or a strength deficit. have you tried to check for the main problem with a physiotherapist when the pain has come out?

A Clifton-Jones

Thanks Alessandro - unfortunately haven't been able to see a physio with the lockdown and COVID but the soreness has only emerged recently - pretty much when I progressed to frog stands and half bent straddle planche. It's probably a technique issue but I am keen to build up strength in the wrists so I can do the handstands pain free with full strength. 

Alessandro Mainente
8 hours ago, A Clifton-Jones said:

Thanks Alessandro - unfortunately haven't been able to see a physio with the lockdown and COVID but the soreness has only emerged recently - pretty much when I progressed to frog stands and half bent straddle planche. It's probably a technique issue but I am keen to build up strength in the wrists so I can do the handstands pain free with full strength. 

Hey Jones, i have noticed that basically there is no form check posts in your history post. I begin to doubt that maybe if your execution were not enough good probably you have compensated by stressing other body parts. Do not completely exclude this option. bad execution means wrong muscles used and probably joint overload.

• Upvote 1