Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Morning mobility/stretching routine

Nikola Mileta

This week I will start my Level 1 program. My strength is quite good but my mobility is weak. I'd like to incorporate some morning mobility/stretching routines. 15-30 minutes drill.

I am a bit stiff in the morning when I wake up. Foam rolling made some improvements but I'd like to improve more.

I know that it is not good to do stretching on cold muscles so I would like some opinions about it.

I am monthly paid member so I have access to all routines. Any recommendation is helpful.

I'm 46, 191 tall and 90kg,  if that matters

Thank you

Edited by Nikola Mileta

Alessandro Mainente
2 hours ago, Nikola Mileta said:

This week I will start my Level 1 program. My strength is quite good but my mobility is weak. I'd like to incorporate some morning mobility/stretching routines. 15-30 minutes drill.

I am a bit stiff in the morning when I wake up. Foam rolling made some improvements but I'd like to improve more.

I know that it is not good to do stretching on cold muscles so I would like some opinions about it.

I am monthly paid member so I have access to all routines. Any recommendation is helpful.

I'm 46, 191 tall and 90kg,  if that matters

Thank you

hEY Nikola, have you tried the stretch series program?

I was finishing another routine on another program this month but i did go through fundamentals series and did some stretching plus rubber bands.

But i do stretch after every workout and prior to workout i warm up muscles with bands. I focused a lot on stretching and rubber bands for last one year because ive broken my collarbone 18 months ago and took a long time to heal and bands proved to be useful to strenghten shoulder.

so i am not a total newbie but still lack proper mobility.

What can you recomend me for morning routine before work?

Edited by Nikola Mileta

Alessandro Mainente
21 hours ago, Nikola Mileta said:

I was finishing another routine on another program this month but i did go through fundamentals series and did some stretching plus rubber bands.

But i do stretch after every workout and prior to workout i warm up muscles with bands. I focused a lot on stretching and rubber bands for last one year because ive broken my collarbone 18 months ago and took a long time to heal and bands proved to be useful to strenghten shoulder.

so i am not a total newbie but still lack proper mobility.

What can you recomend me for morning routine before work?

Ji Nikola, as asked in the previous answer..have you tried the Stretch courses routine of gymfit?

As i said. I would warm up with Fundamentals series and Bands series and for post workout stretch i tried Daily Limber and Beginner Mobility drills.

My main concern is how good is it to stretch cold muscles in the morning. I’m 46 and even if i’m warmed up i still have to be carefull. 

Alessandro Mainente
15 hours ago, Nikola Mileta said:

As i said. I would warm up with Fundamentals series and Bands series and for post workout stretch i tried Daily Limber and Beginner Mobility drills.

My main concern is how good is it to stretch cold muscles in the morning. I’m 46 and even if i’m warmed up i still have to be carefull. 

Hi NIkola, cold stretching can be applied with different modalities like for example changing the range of motion from set to set and not inside the set. if you are not properly sure about poses is still better doing the stretch work after a minimum of warm-up.  besides the daily limber and the beginner mobility drills, there are the restore series which are appropriated if you are tight..do you find one of the single (or more) volumes harder compared to the other?

Thank you for your answer. I will do as you suggested.

I still havent tried restore series. They sound interesting.

Regarding what is hard or not, it depends. Some of the moves/positions inside Fundamentals and Daily Limber/Mobility drills are easy and some are hard. Crab position and reverse plank are quite challenging because of weak glutes and not enough ROM in shoulders (20 years of office work). Bridge position is still science fiction for me. 

But I've been practicing crab position for almost a month now and I can make 2-3 steps without loosing form now. In the beginning it was even hard for me to hold the position for more than 15 seconds. So improvements are visible. 

Thanks for tips. 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi NIcola, you can open a new topic in the Moderate private subforum, in the thoracic bridge course so that we can discuss some personal advice for your case!