Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Home workout equipment substitutes (eg stall bars)

Alice Castran

Alice Castran

Hi there,

I'm struggling to complete all the movements as I am currently working out from home due to the Covid19 lockdowns. Our gyms and shops are shut so we can't workout with equipment other than what we already have in our homes.

I'm trying to work out a substitute for stall bars so I can continue progressing while in lockdown. Does anyone have any good ideas?

I can't make my own stall bar as our hardware shops are shut etc. 

I've tried my kitchen table, wall etc but neither seem to be able to help with the stall bar stretch, pikes etc.

Interested to see what others have done if in similar situation.

Thanks

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

The only exercises I have not been able to replicate without stall bars are those on the pHS series (mobility ones). If you say the exercise/s you struggle with maybe we can tell you an alternative. 

• 4 months later...
David  Hurwitz

For a stall bar substitute, I was thinking of using two doorway pull-up bars.  My only concern is that I don't want to screw these into the doorway.  I'd be changing the position of the bar or bars way too often depending on the exercise.  For example

• Use one closer to the floor for the straight-arm body lever variations.
  • Put one just above the floor, and another 2 feet higher for pike and straddle compression stretches such as the first IM in Handstand 2. 
  • Put one halfway up the door frame and attach a bungee cord for the arch-down and roll-down drills in the Thoracic Bridge series.
  • Put one at the very top of the door frame and another at your mid-back for HLLs.

Who has experience with putting weight on this kind of pull-up bar without using the screws?

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...
Lavonne Schiller

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Edited by Lavonne Schiller
Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

• 4 months later...
Jules Morgan-Bert

Hi Everyone, 

Just adding to this thread as I've been experimenting with stall bar substitutes. 

So far, I've only found substitutes for the mobility components of Rope Climb / Manna series requiring stall bars. 

• I've found that using a windowsill has been an adequate substitute for stall bars both with:
    • Vertical Pike Walk (Manna) and
    • Bent Lat Stretch variations (Rope Climb)  

I haven't found anything that works for Side Lever progressions requiring stall bars - not there yet. 

Hope this is useful. 

Take care, 
JMB

Matthew Walker
On 11/24/2021 at 5:17 PM, Jules Morgan-Bert said:

Hi Everyone, 

Just adding to this thread as I've been experimenting with stall bar substitutes. 

So far, I've only found substitutes for the mobility components of Rope Climb / Manna series requiring stall bars. 

• I've found that using a windowsill has been an adequate substitute for stall bars both with:
    • Vertical Pike Walk (Manna) and
    • Bent Lat Stretch variations (Rope Climb)  

I haven't found anything that works for Side Lever progressions requiring stall bars - not there yet. 

Hope this is useful. 

Take care, 
JMB

Hit up a park. 99% of the play areas basically have horizontal bars (just like stall bars) you can use. They also sell portable ones you don't have to screw into a wall as well if that's an issue. 

• Upvote 1