Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help with structuring routine

Tupac Rojas

Hello,

I would just like to kindly ask if anyone here would be willing to give me some advice and tips on structuring my routine, since I am quite confused by so many different exercises. I would like to know on how many movements can I focus at once and how to lay them out over the week. (For example, can I focus on both a press handstand and planche + do accessory strength work like ring dips and pullups?)

I am not a complete beginner and also, I have been an athlete for almost half my life so I am used to intense training. Therefore, I would probably also need some advice on how to manage frequency, intensity and volume.

I will really appreciate any advice.

• Like 1

Alessandro Mainente
13 hours ago, Tupac Rojas said:

Hello,

I would just like to kindly ask if anyone here would be willing to give me some advice and tips on structuring my routine, since I am quite confused by so many different exercises. I would like to know on how many movements can I focus at once and how to lay them out over the week. (For example, can I focus on both a press handstand and planche + do accessory strength work like ring dips and pullups?)

I am not a complete beginner and also, I have been an athlete for almost half my life so I am used to intense training. Therefore, I would probably also need some advice on how to manage frequency, intensity and volume.

I will really appreciate any advice.

Hi Tupac, foundations structure can be implemented from the course page simply by adding the press to handstand or handstand from the class finder. Before meeting coach Sommer back in 2011 i was already doing bodyweight work in a gymnastic gym since 2007-2008 nad i did agonist sport since i was 4. but training with intensity on one sport does not make you ready for training with high intensity in another sport. every sport is specific for specific and special requirements and the body needs time to adapt. the first time i thought i was ready i got bicep tendonitis. my mail and Facebook and IG messages is full of people having problem with shoulders, bicep, sternum elbows etc. 

so if you feel that you are enough prepared you should have ZERO problems on mastering the foundations exercise one after the other and show me your quality work. and if it is ok I'll be happy to say "move on". but after almost 8 years coaching bodyweight strength training i trust on facts and not on words....can you easily do something? show me and you will progress faster if you have the prereq.

the last request I'm sorry but this is a request that requires a face to face tutelage but simply because i do not know anything of you. there are too many variables and basically this is why the one-to-one online service is not offered by GB.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Tupac, foundations structure can be implemented from the course page simply by adding the press to handstand or handstand from the class finder. Before meeting coach Sommer back in 2011 i was already doing bodyweight work in a gymnastic gym since 2007-2008 nad i did agonist sport since i was 4. but training with intensity on one sport does not make you ready for training with high intensity in another sport. every sport is specific for specific and special requirements and the body needs time to adapt. the first time i thought i was ready i got bicep tendonitis. my mail and Facebook and IG messages is full of people having problem with shoulders, bicep, sternum elbows etc. 

so if you feel that you are enough prepared you should have ZERO problems on mastering the foundations exercise one after the other and show me your quality work. and if it is ok I'll be happy to say "move on". but after almost 8 years coaching bodyweight strength training i trust on facts and not on words....can you easily do something? show me and you will progress faster if you have the prereq.

the last request I'm sorry but this is a request that requires a face to face tutelage but simply because i do not know anything of you. there are too many variables and basically this is why the one-to-one online service is not offered by GB.

Thanks a lot, now I understand a bit better.

So basically, there are the Foundation exercises, which are front lever, straddle planche, side lever, manna, hollowback press, rope climb and single leg squat. There are also 4 levels of the Foundation, each level having different difficulty level.

So, what should I do now when I want to start training? Since for each movement I only need to do 1 strength progression and 1 mobility progression, that will be done quite fast, so should I maybe combine training different movement in one session? Should I train all of those movements in one session or divide it somehow over the week? And how many times per week should I train each movement. If you would just explain me these things I would be so happy, because this part really confuses me. Thank you so much.

Alessandro Mainente

Generally speaking, a frequency of 2 times a week is enough. how to train them is personal and depends on times you have to train, fatigue etc. there is nothing fixed and equal for everyone. someone trains all the 7 exercises one day. other use a 4 day split ABAB.

in the course portal, you can select when to put the major exercises which are split in the upper body, lower body, and core rather than the single elements you have mentioned. you can add the foundations from the "class finder" on the main course page. on the left select "digital coaching". then you can add the upper body and then it will appear in your weekly workout. by clicking on the "upper body2 you can see additional information of all the exercises like for example the mastery (that is the last step in the menù under "choose your intensity").

It should be fast? id depends on you..good quality? move on. bad form? stay there. unacceptable form? step back. GB coaches can evaluate your form in the private forum section looking at your videos in the "form check" section.

On the main course page, there is a deep tutorial on how to move through the interface.

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much.

Actually, today I did a push workout which looked like this:

Shoulder warmup

A1: Tripod 4x30s ; A2: Shoulder mobility 4x10s

B1: Planche lean 4x30s; B2: Mobility (prone half straddle planche)

C1: Pushups 3x10r; C2: shoulder circle with 1kg weight 3x5r

I felt like it was quite a good workout. I had thought that it may be too little but it was more than enough. Do you think this structure is good?

Also, what rest should I have between sets and exercises?

Alessandro Mainente
22 hours ago, Tupac Rojas said:

Thank you so much.

Actually, today I did a push workout which looked like this:

Shoulder warmup

A1: Tripod 4x30s ; A2: Shoulder mobility 4x10s

B1: Planche lean 4x30s; B2: Mobility (prone half straddle planche)

C1: Pushups 3x10r; C2: shoulder circle with 1kg weight 3x5r

I felt like it was quite a good workout. I had thought that it may be too little but it was more than enough. Do you think this structure is good?

Also, what rest should I have between sets and exercises?

Please open another thread in the private forum section.