Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How fast to progress?

Tupac Rojas

I just watched all the progressions in the Course Library for the straddle planche and press handstand. My question is - how long should I stick with one progression before moving to the next one?

Also, what if I can do a certain progression already but I have not done the progressions before it, should I start all over again or can I go from where I am now?

Alessandro Mainente
17 hours ago, Tupac Rojas said:

I just watched all the progressions in the Course Library for the straddle planche and press handstand. My question is - how long should I stick with one progression before moving to the next one?

Also, what if I can do a certain progression already but I have not done the progressions before it, should I start all over again or can I go from where I am now?

Well if you can perform the one exercise with the mastery requirements for both mobility (IM) and strength (PE or SPE) you can move on.

If the beginning exercises are easy you should not have a problem showing proper mastery. 

my suggestion is to have a form check in the private section before attempting the mastery.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Well if you can perform the one exercise with the mastery requirements for both mobility (IM) and strength (PE or SPE) you can move on.

If the beginning exercises are easy you should not have a problem showing proper mastery. 

my suggestion is to have a form check in the private section before attempting the mastery.

Thank you very much for advice.

Actually, could you give me a feedback on something, please? I am trying to figure out how my workouts are going to look. I am deciding between 3 full upper body training sessions vs 4 (2 press, 2 pull).

My goals are:

1.For pressing - Press Handstand and Planche (not sure if to focus on both or just one for now....press handstand is definitely a priority for me)

2.For pulling - ring back lever, front lever, weighted pullups (be able to pull 2x my BW)...getting strong in pullups is definitely my priority in terms of pulling...but my longterm goal is also to learn the 360 degree ring straight body pull

I have been having good progress during the last 4 months and I think I know at which progressions I am right now in terms of mastery. But what I dont understand is what should I train besides the particular progression? Because in the Course Library there is just 2 exercises for a progression (1 strength and 1 mobility)...usually 5x5...but this is the entire workout? I think that is too little...what else should I do after? I understand that as the first exercise I do the progression but then...?

Alessandro Mainente
21 hours ago, Tupac Rojas said:

Thank you very much for advice.

Actually, could you give me a feedback on something, please? I am trying to figure out how my workouts are going to look. I am deciding between 3 full upper body training sessions vs 4 (2 press, 2 pull).

My goals are:

1.For pressing - Press Handstand and Planche (not sure if to focus on both or just one for now....press handstand is definitely a priority for me)

2.For pulling - ring back lever, front lever, weighted pullups (be able to pull 2x my BW)...getting strong in pullups is definitely my priority in terms of pulling...but my longterm goal is also to learn the 360 degree ring straight body pull

I have been having good progress during the last 4 months and I think I know at which progressions I am right now in terms of mastery. But what I dont understand is what should I train besides the particular progression? Because in the Course Library there is just 2 exercises for a progression (1 strength and 1 mobility)...usually 5x5...but this is the entire workout? I think that is too little...what else should I do after? I understand that as the first exercise I do the progression but then...?

For every progression like planche, front lever etc there are 2 exercises, nothing more.

2 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

For every progression like planche, front lever etc there are 2 exercises, nothing more.

So those 2 exercises are an entire workout?

Alessandro Mainente
12 hours ago, Tupac Rojas said:

So those 2 exercises are an entire workout?

Considering the progression there is 2 exercise for planche work, 2 for the front lever, 2 for the bent arm pushing strength etc.

Considering the average capacity of work you can increase the number of exercises only after a certain amount of months or years with a particular structured program. i have many many clients who have reached the basic lever like front lever, planche up to one arm pullup by doing 1 exercise 2 times a week.  i have reached the reverse muscleup with one specific exercise once a week.

6 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Considering the progression there is 2 exercise for planche work, 2 for the front lever, 2 for the bent arm pushing strength etc.

Considering the average capacity of work you can increase the number of exercises only after a certain amount of months or years with a particular structured program. i have many many clients who have reached the basic lever like front lever, planche up to one arm pullup by doing 1 exercise 2 times a week.  i have reached the reverse muscleup with one specific exercise once a week.

Those are some very good results. How long did it take for your clients to reach planche or front lever?

Alessandro Mainente

There is no statistical coherence between them. for sure, after almost 8 years of coaching, front lever is one of the easier movements.