Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Shoulder alignment issue

George Traganidas 235308

George Traganidas 235308

Hi,

I went to do a sports massage for my shoulders the other day and the practitioner told me that my shoulders are tight at the front and they are pulled forward and not aligned with my ears. This is due to my computer/desk job. I am doing the thoracic bridge series once a week for about 3 years now, but it seems that it s not enough to counteract the effect of my daily job.

Are there any 2-3 stretches that I can do on a daily basis to bring my shoulders back in proper alignment?

Thanks,

George

Alessandro Mainente
8 hours ago, George Traganidas 235308 said:

Hi,

I went to do a sports massage for my shoulders the other day and the practitioner told me that my shoulders are tight at the front and they are pulled forward and not aligned with my ears. This is due to my computer/desk job. I am doing the thoracic bridge series once a week for about 3 years now, but it seems that it s not enough to counteract the effect of my daily job.

Are there any 2-3 stretches that I can do on a daily basis to bring my shoulders back in proper alignment?

Thanks,

George

Hi George, the problem is another:

-how many years did you pass with "shoulder forward posture"? count the hours of work for me, please

-then show many hours in a year you do thoracic bridge..count for me, please.

I suppose that there is a massive difference.

So things begin from creating the perspective of a good posture with thoracic bridge BUT everything passes from reaching a correct posture during the work. if not...no matter how many hours of a bridge or reverse cat or anything you want...posture is not going to change. if you want to change your brain you must begin from habits...no matter the type..behaviors? posture? habits?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

George Traganidas 235308

@Alessandro Mainente I agree with you 100%. In the last 3 years I am trying to fix damage done over the last 30 years :) It will not happen overnight. And to be honest, during these 3 years of doing GB I have seen huge improvements. I can touch my toes when doing standing pike and I can touch my fingers when doing supine shoulder extension. Day and night with where I was when I started. So I know that things take time and patience.

I am more conscious of my work posture and trying to get better there. Where I would like some help from you is to recommend some stretching for the shoulders to do in addition to everything else I am doing.

Thanks,

George

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Kimbily Ora
On 7/9/2020 at 10:34 AM, George Traganidas 235308 said:

@Alessandro Mainente I agree with you 100%. In the last 3 years I am trying to fix damage done over the last 30 years :) It will not happen overnight. And to be honest, during these 3 years of doing GB I have seen huge improvements. I can touch my toes when doing standing pike and I can touch my fingers when doing supine shoulder extension. Day and night with where I was when I started. So I know that things take time and patience.

I am more conscious of my work posture and trying to get better there. Where I would like some help from you is to recommend some stretching for the shoulders to do in addition to everything else I am doing.

Thanks,

George

George Can you get a stand up desk at work?

I had a similar problem, used to have very stiff upper back, shoulders not in correct position etc

I do two 25 minute thoracic rotation and shoulder stretch routines each week (and 2 45 min hip mobility routines) for two months now and have seen massive improvement. I get up early to complete them. They have helped enormously. There's loads of resources online, I use the help of Mobility Training .com.au and Squat University to help understand the anatomy and physiology behind it.

Matthew Walker

Desk job 20+ years. Took many years of stretching, strength and mobility work just to be able to sit up straight comfortably. Now I have a timer set and stretch and move often. I never sit for more than 30-45 minutes at a time. 

Here's a little routine for desk jockeys. 

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/3-minute-break-reverse-symptoms-adulting-desk-work/

• Upvote 1