Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Freestanding stall bar

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

Having a stall bar is a must here, I cannot anchor anything to the floor/wall at my house so I looked into freestanding bar options, and this one is my favourite:

https://www.unghi-international.com/product-page/portable-stall-bars

It was used in argentina 2018 junior olympics, Its quite expensive, but I do not have any wood tools to make a DIY one.

Has anyone tried freestanding stall bars or have an idea of how good is this as an option?

I would use plates on the metal bars to make it more stable

James Strack

Website can't be reached.  Free standing sounds neat if you got the space for it, I imagine it would take a lot of space to make it stable.  I don't know why you can't attach to a wall though, no studs in the wall to attach it?  

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ
5 minutes ago, James Strack said:

Website can't be reached.  Free standing sounds neat if you got the space for it, I imagine it would take a lot of space to make it stable.  I don't know why you can't attach to a wall though, no studs in the wall to attach it?  

Householder does not allow it unfortunetly, not because the wall isnt strong enough

• 1 month later...
MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

I am finally going to buy a stall bar, Im going for wood, my height is 1.82cm so I think 2.4m-2.5m is what I should buy, here is one I like: 

https://www.artimexsport.com/es/spaliere.php?cod=000;001;279

For foundations work, is it better to have all the bars in the same vertical plane or one behind and another more advanced like the one in the link?  Thanks!@Alessandro Mainente

Hey @MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ did you go for an option and fit against your wall after all?

I saw your original comment with the free-standing option but saw that you went for a fixed wall option in the end.
How did you work things how with your householder? 

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ
18 hours ago, Simon Hook said:

Hey @MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ did you go for an option and fit against your wall after all?

I saw your original comment with the free-standing option but saw that you went for a fixed wall option in the end.
How did you work things how with your householder? 

Yes I decided to buy a fixed one as it is cheaper and needs less space. With COVID-19 I can work from a house my family has in a village, and here I have more space and I do not have householder problems.

Edited by MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ
2 hours ago, Simon Hook said:

Hey @MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ, thank you for confirming that one.
I've another question for you. How do you deal with the ringwork required within the foundations? What was your solution for this?

Atm I attach them to a door frame with a door strap, and I will use the stall bars to attach them instead. In the future my best option will be to attach them to the ceiling

You can also buy a traction bar which you attach to the stall bars to be able to do pull ups and other exercises

Ok ace!

Can I ask, are you able to do german hangs off this setup you have at the minute?

And when you say a traction bar, am I right in thinking a small lip which you add to the wall ladder, which provides a small over hang from the ladder which will allow you to do an exercise like the German hangs?

i really appreciate your thoughts on this @MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ
On 8/6/2020 at 2:06 PM, Simon Hook said:

Ok ace!

Can I ask, are you able to do german hangs off this setup you have at the minute?

And when you say a traction bar, am I right in thinking a small lip which you add to the wall ladder, which provides a small over hang from the ladder which will allow you to do an exercise like the German hangs?

i really appreciate your thoughts on this @MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

I finally couldnt buy the traction, here is an example: 

https://www.artimexsport.com/es/spaliere.php?cod=000;001;260

Stall bars didnt arrive yet, and I dont know if yoy can do german pulls there as there is not that much space, I use to do these at a calistenic park near to my house, but with COVID I cannot go.

Lets see if someone in the forum has traction bar and if it is possible to do german hangs there. Maybe @Alessandro MainenteMainente or @Jeffrey BittnerBittner can tell

Alessandro Mainente
On 8/8/2020 at 2:01 PM, MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ said:

I finally couldnt buy the traction, here is an example: 

https://www.artimexsport.com/es/spaliere.php?cod=000;001;260

Stall bars didnt arrive yet, and I dont know if yoy can do german pulls there as there is not that much space, I use to do these at a calistenic park near to my house, but with COVID I cannot go.

Lets see if someone in the forum has traction bar and if it is possible to do german hangs there. Maybe @Alessandro MainenteMainente or @Jeffrey BittnerBittner can tell

I STILL use rings for now...

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ
45 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

I STILL use rings for now...

Have you ever tried a german pull on stall bar with traction bar? I cannot attach rings to the ceiling at my home atm

Alessandro Mainente
14 hours ago, MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ said:

Have you ever tried a german pull on stall bar with traction bar? I cannot attach rings to the ceiling at my home atm

Nope.

• 2 weeks later...
MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

Hey folks, my stall bars finally arrived and Im not sure which is the best option to anchor it to the wall. I have these two options, a wooden bar anchored or with a steel framing square, attached yoy can find the two options

Do you think it makes any difference in terms of resistance? And if so, which one is the best option?

@Alessandro MainenteMainente @Jeffrey BittnerBittner @Coach Sommer

Screenshot_2020-08-23-21-22-26-180_com.instagram.android.png

IMG_20200823_213134_245.jpg

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ
3 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Yes , go directly with the first one.

Alright, I thought the same, is it because the bolts are more distributed?

Hi All,

I sent an email to the support team for a little more details on what best to purchase as I got a bit confused with all the potential options available.

I had this great response from Jeffrey Bittner and Just thought, in case anyone else is looking at this threat and having a similar challenge with knowing what to select, I found this response to be truly useful and so I thought I would just re-posting it here into this threat.

From Jeffrey Bittner
Hi Simon,

It's great to hear from you.

With stall bars, a lot of it comes down to personal preference. Personally, I prefer something like this, https://www.artimex-sport.com/en/products/beech-wood-wall-bars-hong-kong-model-240x90-cm-code-216-f-170, or this, https://www.artimex-sport.com/en/products/steel-swedish-ladder-2-3x0-9-m-code-221-metall-2075, especially with the added attachments. I prefer for the top bar to be placed slightly in front of the other rungs so that I can hang more comfortably, but with it still being close enough to prevent me from piking my shoulders on things like leg lifts. The added attachments might allow you to hand your rings as well. They would also be especially useful in your Level 2-4 courses, however, you could look into those at a later date.

I know that Coach Sommer prefers something closer to this, https://www.artimex-sport.com/en/products/steel-stall-bar-255x100-cm-17-rungs-code-221-gladiator-3009, so that he can easily adjust his distance from the other rungs depending on the exercise he is doing.

Metal bars tend to be more expensive, but might be worth the investment so that you don't have to worry about the rungs bowing or breaking at any point in the future. You might also consider getting a simple chin-up bar that hangs in your doorway to place your rings on. Depending on your layout and how much floor space you have it might be nice to have your rings placed somewhere close to your stall bars, but not on them.

@MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ Super excited for your new arrival man! Post some pictures once you get it fitted. I'm assuming by the questions you have two options with the installation. One a wooden bar running the full width of your ladder or the steel square brackets. You'd imagine that they should both be viable options if you can use both, no? 

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ
23 hours ago, Simon Hook said:

@MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ Super excited for your new arrival man! Post some pictures once you get it fitted. I'm assuming by the questions you have two options with the installation. One a wooden bar running the full width of your ladder or the steel square brackets. You'd imagine that they should both be viable options if you can use both, no? 

Thats it, I will post photos. I ordered steel square brackets but by an error they sent me the wooden bar (as you say, full width of my ladder), that is why I have both options

@MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ Ok, that's unfortunate! I didn't quite follow the suggestion you were given in response to your query. Was the advice to go with the steel square brackets? The option that you originally ordered?

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ
16 hours ago, Simon Hook said:

@MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ Ok, that's unfortunate! I didn't quite follow the suggestion you were given in response to your query. Was the advice to go with the steel square brackets? The option that you originally ordered?

Yes, steel square, @Alessandro MainenteMainenteMainenteMainente is it because the positioning of the bolts or why?

The wooden bar also adds some more cms of distance, thats may be important

Alessandro Mainente
23 hours ago, MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ said:

Yes, steel square, @Alessandro MainenteMainenteMainenteMainente is it because the positioning of the bolts or why?

The wooden bar also adds some more cms of distance, thats may be important

Yes, the direction of pull is different and it resists better.

• 1 month later...
MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ
On 8/26/2020 at 6:07 PM, Simon Hook said:

Deleted previous content

Edited by MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

Ooooh no! I'm so sorry to hear that Mario. What's happened? And what did you order?

I am literally about to place an order with them, like today! Did you order a wooden Swedish ladder?

I'm actually chatting with a guy now over Whatsapp, are you speaking with anyone there, did you want his details to speak directly with someone?