Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Riley K Reynard

Hi! I’ve been frequenting the gymnastic bodies forums for quite some time now and just recently decided to take the plunge and try the free trial. Im having some trouble deciding where to start. Part of me wants to start at the complete beginning and move through all of the progressions first 2 reasons. First of all I want to go back through and smooth out any weak points I might have and give my body the proper time to adjust. Secondly, I am a strength coach and I feel it would be extremely beneficial for me to go through the learning process from beginning to end as a student so I have a better understanding of how to implement gymnastics strength with my athletes/clients. A little bit about where I’m at right now:

1-2 one arm chin ups on rings and on a bar

15 freestanding HSPU 

5-6 freestanding HSPU full ROM on bars

2 stalder presses in a row

6ish second straddle planche 

front lever is pretty weak, I can control a full eccentric but have no more than a 3 second hold 

can’t really hold a bent arm planche on the floor but I can do a few straddle hollow body presses 

full middle and front splits but they are not that comfortable yet.

will include some videos and pictures for proof

7B119F10-554C-4183-9EA8-44D3E4C0B519.jpeg

599499C7-F5AB-42E9-8FD9-6DECA5A90904.jpeg

Alessandro Mainente

Hi RIley, welcome aboard. I can give you some detail about your skills so that you can consequently understand the weak point:

-straddle planche: is too high. probably lowering down is too intense, you should master previous elements pf straddle planche;

-handstand pushup: arms are too wide and as consequence handstand alignment is not reached completely;

-holowback press: not bad at all but from this video, i can see shoulder flexion deficit affecting your handstand that can be fixed. also notice that your hollowbackpress is more a pressing from bent arm straddle planche to shoulder stand and than a handstand pushup rather than a multiplane pushing movement. for this reason, is suggest doing hollowbackpress on low pbar...very low;

-stalder press not bad...handstand can be improved;

-one arm pullup is impressive.

generally, i think that you are stronger in pulling than pushing but too much stronger.