Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

the schedule

Ross Richardson

Ross Richardson

hi. I've been doing my set schedule for a month now, I know this is not long but I just wanted to check that with the certain videos e.g weighted mobility or front split etc where you don't log your progress, do these automatically change to something else eventually or am I supposed to change it myself when I think I need to progress to something more challenging. and if I need to change it how do I know what the next appropriate video is. thanks in advance for any help.

Alessandro Mainente
5 hours ago, Ross Richardson said:

hi. I've been doing my set schedule for a month now, I know this is not long but I just wanted to check that with the certain videos e.g weighted mobility or front split etc where you don't log your progress, do these automatically change to something else eventually or am I supposed to change it myself when I think I need to progress to something more challenging. and if I need to change it how do I know what the next appropriate video is. thanks in advance for any help.

Hi Ross, nope. they need to be logged.

Ross Richardson
On 6/8/2020 at 4:23 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Ross, nope. they need to be logged.

Sorry I think I maybe didn't make it clear, I do log everything on the schedule but I'm talking about the certain videos that don't have a progression as in weighted mobility or the knee routine for example. Do these change to more advanced videos after you've done them so many times or do I need to change them myself when I think I'm ready to move on.

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Ross, no. They are standalone programs without a fixed progression. if we talk about progression on the stretching program the only one that makes sense is fundamentals, restore and then stretch series. you can add or take off autonomously from the course page.

Hey Ross. I've been doing the three Stretch Series programs for over four years now. Not sure there will ever come a time when I'll need to progress to something more challenging. You can always go deeper into almost any stretch. It's incredible what this series does to the body when you stick with it long term.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
Nathan De Geyter

I had a bit the same question with respect to the beginner intro level: when to stay and when to progress? I just started a month ago and so far I did the first 4 segments (one segment per week), but I am not aware whether I should stay at a segment and go at a slower space through the beginner course or keep the pace I am doing now? Help on how to best assess this would be great? I think I did the majority of the exercises on a range of 7-9/10. So, should I stay or should I go? :) 

Alessandro Mainente
15 hours ago, Nathan De Geyter said:

I had a bit the same question with respect to the beginner intro level: when to stay and when to progress? I just started a month ago and so far I did the first 4 segments (one segment per week), but I am not aware whether I should stay at a segment and go at a slower space through the beginner course or keep the pace I am doing now? Help on how to best assess this would be great? I think I did the majority of the exercises on a range of 7-9/10. So, should I stay or should I go? :) 

HI Nathan, it depends on the exercise. can you make an example?

Nathan De Geyter

Dear Allesandro,

I do not really understand what you mean with it depends on the exercise? Would you suggest that I keep a score on which of the exercises in the programme went well and which went less (linked to certain deficits) and that I focus on those exercises on a daily basis, so I can improve my weak spots and continue to progress to the next segment within the intro level? Or would you suggest that if one exercise in a week programme of a sugment does not go well that I stick with the segment week after week before I progress to the next?

For example, I struggle with my hip and shoulder flexibility. So, long hollow holds are something I never did and very difficult to go all out. This was one exercise set on last Monday. So, should I keep working on this daily or just follow the other exercises of the segment and repeat this on a weekly basis?

Hope that clarifies my question and many thanks for your guidance and answer!

Best,

Nathan

Alessandro Mainente
19 hours ago, Nathan De Geyter said:

Dear Allesandro,

I do not really understand what you mean with it depends on the exercise? Would you suggest that I keep a score on which of the exercises in the programme went well and which went less (linked to certain deficits) and that I focus on those exercises on a daily basis, so I can improve my weak spots and continue to progress to the next segment within the intro level? Or would you suggest that if one exercise in a week programme of a sugment does not go well that I stick with the segment week after week before I progress to the next?

For example, I struggle with my hip and shoulder flexibility. So, long hollow holds are something I never did and very difficult to go all out. This was one exercise set on last Monday. So, should I keep working on this daily or just follow the other exercises of the segment and repeat this on a weekly basis?

Hope that clarifies my question and many thanks for your guidance and answer!

Best,

Nathan

HI Nathan so now you are on intro, segment 5?

Alessandro Mainente
2 hours ago, Nathan De Geyter said:

Yes

Perfect, if you lack of mobility in some exercises stay on this segment until you fix the mobility gap.

if you pass the upper body in terms of strength you can mark it as done.

other courses like hamstring restore etc they are not linked to a target so you can simply mark it as done....

As you progress over the following levels things can change a bit.