Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Weighted dislocate gear options

Richard Barnes

Richard Barnes

I'm trying to do the weighted dislocate from the weighted mobility series, but the dowel I have is too short for my current mobility and I can't keep the weight in place on my longer broomstick because the bar is too thin for my clamps. However, the weight I'm using stays in place just fine if I slide it onto my rings strap. Can I do weighted dislocates this way or is there something harmful about using a rope with a weight on it for dislocates? It felt good but I don't know if there's some injury risk with the less stable support.

Thanks!

Rich

Alessandro Mainente
9 hours ago, Richard Barnes said:

I'm trying to do the weighted dislocate from the weighted mobility series, but the dowel I have is too short for my current mobility and I can't keep the weight in place on my longer broomstick because the bar is too thin for my clamps. However, the weight I'm using stays in place just fine if I slide it onto my rings strap. Can I do weighted dislocates this way or is there something harmful about using a rope with a weight on it for dislocates? It felt good but I don't know if there's some injury risk with the less stable support.

Thanks!

Rich

Hey Richard, is more important than the support you are using is not elastic.

Matthew Walker

Those spring loaded olympic weight collars will fit on 1.5" pvc you can grab at the hardware store for a couple bucks. 

• 4 months later...
Miguel Horta Reis
On 6/2/2020 at 2:46 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Richard, is more important than the support you are using is not elastic.

Why do you think it's more important not to be elastic? I sometimes do it as warmup with a resistance band, works fine..

Alessandro Mainente
15 hours ago, Miguel Horta Reis said:

Why do you think it's more important not to be elastic? I sometimes do it as warmup with a resistance band, works fine..

Simply because the elastic band adapts to your level of mobility but the goal is exactly the opposite, adapting our lever to rigid support so that it can improve.

Is like having a school physics book that teaches only what we can do and nothing more, you are not going to learn something more. on the opposite if the book teaches more difficult things we are going to learn. there is no difference. the brain learns math in the same way it learns a greater range of motion.

• Like 1