Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How To Include Weight Training With Foundation 1?

Tiago Buhr

Tiago Buhr

I've been doing Foundation 1 and all the Movement Series for close to two years.

I'm starting to reach the end of Foundation 1 and will move to Foundation 2 soon.

One thing that I've noticed, is that the Gymnasticbodies exercises, while excellent, are perhaps not the best for building muscle mass. I want to build a little bit of muscle through a workout routine with the main big lifts (squat, deadlift, pull up, shoulder press).

How can I include this in my regular routine without putting too much strain on myself, and possibly harming the results I get from the Gymnastic Bodies training?

Has anyone done this? What are the recommendations here?

Thank you very much!

Alessandro Mainente
10 hours ago, Tiago Buhr said:

I've been doing Foundation 1 and all the Movement Series for close to two years.

I'm starting to reach the end of Foundation 1 and will move to Foundation 2 soon.

One thing that I've noticed, is that the Gymnasticbodies exercises, while excellent, are perhaps not the best for building muscle mass. I want to build a little bit of muscle through a workout routine with the main big lifts (squat, deadlift, pull up, shoulder press).

How can I include this in my regular routine without putting too much strain on myself, and possibly harming the results I get from the Gymnastic Bodies training?

Has anyone done this? What are the recommendations here?

Thank you very much!

Hi Tiago, there are no exercises that lead to muscle building if you do not pair training with proper diet. You can train with tons of weightlifting but if the metabolic set point is not correctly paired there is no way to build up muscles.

Tiago Buhr

Awesome Alessandro.

My diet is basically this:

I don't count calories, but try to stay in a calorie surplus of 200-500 calories per day.
Eat mostly vegetarian, with fish and eggs.

I'm thinking of adding Creatine supplementation.
I follow Dr. Valter Longo's "Longevity Diet" from this book:  https://valterlongo.com/daily-longevity-diet-for-adults/

Is this a good enough diet to build muscles?

By doing that, can I add some more training with the big lifts (deadlift, squat, shoulder press, etc...)?

Thank you,
Tiago

Alessandro Mainente
11 hours ago, Tiago Buhr said:

Awesome Alessandro.

My diet is basically this:

I don't count calories, but try to stay in a calorie surplus of 200-500 calories per day.
Eat mostly vegetarian, with fish and eggs.

I'm thinking of adding Creatine supplementation.
I follow Dr. Valter Longo's "Longevity Diet" from this book:  https://valterlongo.com/daily-longevity-diet-for-adults/

Is this a good enough diet to build muscles?

By doing that, can I add some more training with the big lifts (deadlift, squat, shoulder press, etc...)?

Thank you,
Tiago

There is too little information. when someone asks me to build up muscles i always see him in person...there are many people thinking that is easy but i want to take in account how many things i need to know:

-diary diet: if you do not count i cannot make any assumption on the total intake on the week and on the months;

- weight. height, circumferences, etc;

-biological age, injury, limitation, 1rm test for the biggest compound exercises;

-then if the % of body fat is not enough to put on mass is not possible to make a reasonable or minimal gain. but if I cannot measure you i cannot say anything more.

So basically, if you want to put on mass you need a face to face tutelage. who pretends to make differently is wrong.