Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

DIY Plyo Box

Timothy Letscher

Timothy Letscher

I'm slowly building out basement gym equipment, either purchasing when it made sense (affordable stall bars, for example) but I couldn't bring myself to pay hundreds of dollars for a plyo box. There are a ton of DIY plans to find online but I liked this one because it laid out the cut lines for a single 4x8 sheet of 3/4 plywood. I paid $55 for birch from Home Depot and I couldn't be happier with the sturdiness. Works great as a pommel horse if I put a mat on top of it to do hanging leg extensions. 

Have fun!

Plyo-box1.png

Plyo-box2.png

• Like 1

Nick Murray

That's good work! Nothing like building your own equipment :)

Timothy Letscher

Thanks Nick. You should see my TRX ;) - It's climbing rope and I cut some 1" pvc pipe for handles. Works so far, but I'll pony up for the real thing soon, as in, rings.

• 3 weeks later...
James Strack

Good Morning,

What are the dimensions you used for your box?  It seems kinda big, which could be a problem for me with low ceiling in garage where I work out.  Guess probably ok to make it as big as it fits in with my ceiling for jumping.  Also, not sure why you have 2 holes in the side.  Some other work out purpose I imagine.

Ok, my questions are not needed.  After I read through the link you provided it answers the measurements and what the purpose of the holes are for.  Great job and thanks for sharing!

Edited by James Strack