Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Increasing triceps involvement in pulling

Victor Mouclier

Victor Mouclier

Hello everyone,

I hope everyone and their loved ones are safe from this f**k**g pandemic. My blessings from France.

How to increase the participation of the long head of the triceps during fundamental pulling exercices (such as pullups/chinups, rows or front lever progressions) ?

i know they're always working with the lats and shoulders to execute shoulder extension but i would like to know at wich angle they're getting optimal work as shoulder extensors.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to share your experience and knowledge

Long head

• 3 weeks later...
Alessandro Mainente

Every muscle exerts the maximal tension closer to the point of near-maximum elongation assuming that the motor pattern is correct. POsture affects how a muscle work, for example in the bench press if you do not extend the spine you cannot produce the maximum strength with the pec muscles.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Victor Mouclier

So the right way to work on the long head of the tricep as a shoulder extensor is through bottom half chin ups  ?

Alessandro Mainente

If the progression you are suing for developing strength on the shoulder extension is correct you do not need to focus on isolating the long head.

i have clients with one arm pullup, 20+ seconds front lever, and more...i have never focused on this detail. you do not need it.

• Upvote 1