Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Planche strength in tuck

Mikko Virtaneva

Mikko Virtaneva

Hi,

I am a multi-year starter of planche training but I have never gotten past tuck planche. My best has been 2x14 s tuck planche. My problem is that I cannot keep my butt and legs up while I still have strength to lean forward. So my planche always end to my toes touching the ground.
What would you suggest to train? Is the problem in upper back or where? Any accessory movements to work with?

BR,

Mikko

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, Mikko Virtaneva said:

Hi,

I am a multi-year starter of planche training but I have never gotten past tuck planche. My best has been 2x14 s tuck planche. My problem is that I cannot keep my butt and legs up while I still have strength to lean forward. So my planche always end to my toes touching the ground.
What would you suggest to train? Is the problem in upper back or where? Any accessory movements to work with?

BR,

Mikko

HI Mikko, usually my students hit something like 18-20'' of tuck planche at the first attempt but after completing a solid basis of strength. if your brain is not educated on recruiting correctly the anterior delt you have low chances to develop the necessary strength. my suggestion is stepping back to previous exercises like the elevated planche lean for example. More deep progression can be evaluated using the GB foundations series.