Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Muscle strain

Ricky Ward

Ricky Ward

Last evening I was doing my daily limber and while in a straddle stretch leaning to my right I felt a click under my butt. I wasn’t really pushing hard in my stretch but I think I strained my hamstring where it inserts under my butt. It’s sore and achy. No sharp pains. My question is does this sound like a hamstring strain and how long does it normally take to heal? Another point is when I lean over in a pike it doesn’t hurt like I’d assume it would with a hamstring strain. I don’t know how to explain what this is. My leg aches around my right hip from the rear to the outside. I’d go to a physician but can’t exactly do that right now because my local dr isn’t seeing patients. Other than rest, and anti inflammatories should I be using heat or ice. It’s really frustrating because I felt like I was progressing in most of my exercises and I’ll probably be starting over in some of it now.

Edited by Ricky Ward
More info

Alessandro Mainente
6 hours ago, Ricky Ward said:

Last evening I was doing my daily limber and while in a straddle stretch leaning to my right I felt a click under my butt. I wasn’t really pushing hard in my stretch but I think I strained my hamstring where it inserts under my butt. It’s sore and achy. No sharp pains. My question is does this sound like a hamstring strain and how long does it normally take to heal? Another point is when I lean over in a pike it doesn’t hurt like I’d assume it would with a hamstring strain. I don’t know how to explain what this is. My leg aches around my right hip from the rear to the outside. I’d go to a physician but can’t exactly do that right now because my local dr isn’t seeing patients. Other than rest, and anti inflammatories should I be using heat or ice. It’s really frustrating because I felt like I was progressing in most of my exercises and I’ll probably be starting over in some of it now.

Hey Ricky, welll...i talk for experience with many athletes from the poledance world....do not stress it...if you rest it will heal! if you do not rest from painful movements it can take years to heal.

• 2 weeks later...
Ricky Ward

So I ended up going to a Chiropractor  and he checked my range of motion. Found my injury was not a hamstring strain but my right femur and hip were out of place. He popped it back in and immediately feels way better. Now my question is how did this happen from a straddle stretch. What am I doing wrong? As asked my chiropractor but he said it may of just been a freak incident. Either way I don’t want it to happen again and would like to verify I didn’t do something wrong when I was stretching. 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi ricky, i find it very strange. Hips dislocation occur with strong car, bike, football, martial arts accidents..for sure not with stretching. now before saying that this was the problem you need to step back into the stretches where you felt pain...and if pain occurs again...the femur position has less to do with that.

Ricky Ward

I was thinking the same thing. I didn’t understand how I could of pulled it out of place with some light stretching. The back of the hip is really sore today. Mainly the hamstring.  I will try to sit in a straddle after a few days of rest and see how it feels. Thanks Alessandro.