Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

looking for a few mobility substitutions

Tamra Myers

Tamra Myers

Hi folks -

I normally live in Seattle, where I have a nice gym built out in my basement with stall bars, pull-up bar, etc. But for the foreseeable future I am sheltering in place in Florida, where I have very little equipment.

I'm working in Level 1 and I'm looking for a few substitutions in the program. I'm unable to do the Single Bar Shoulder Mobility class, because I have nothing to hang from. Is there another class that you might recommend to substitute for that one?

And in the Weighted Mobility class, I have no good way to do the Wall Neck Extensions. I don't have anything I can use currently to pad the wall.

Finally, doing Wrist Push-ups, even on my knees, is just currently unrealistic for me. 

Any suggestions you can provide are appreciated. Thanks!

Tamra

Alessandro Mainente
5 hours ago, Tamra Myers said:

Hi folks -

I normally live in Seattle, where I have a nice gym built out in my basement with stall bars, pull-up bar, etc. But for the foreseeable future I am sheltering in place in Florida, where I have very little equipment.

I'm working in Level 1 and I'm looking for a few substitutions in the program. I'm unable to do the Single Bar Shoulder Mobility class, because I have nothing to hang from. Is there another class that you might recommend to substitute for that one?

And in the Weighted Mobility class, I have no good way to do the Wall Neck Extensions. I don't have anything I can use currently to pad the wall.

Finally, doing Wrist Push-ups, even on my knees, is just currently unrealistic for me. 

Any suggestions you can provide are appreciated. Thanks!

Tamra

HI Tamra, what programs do you have? have you owned the gym fit subscription?

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, Tamra Myers said:

Hi Allessandro -

Yes, I have the GymFit full subscription. Thanks!

Tamra 

If you are training foundations I can arrange something for you using the course stretch that has some similar angles....do you thin that can be ok?

Tamra Myers

Thank you, Alessandro!

I am on Level 1 and I'm using the standard workout schedule. So I am doing both the front split series and middle split stretch series once a week, in addition to the Level 1 strength and mobility workouts (including Foundation Core, Upper Body, Lower Body). I've attached a screenshot of my schedule for clarity.

Level 1 schedule.png

Alessandro Mainente
14 hours ago, Tamra Myers said:

Thank you, Alessandro!

I am on Level 1 and I'm using the standard workout schedule. So I am doing both the front split series and middle split stretch series once a week, in addition to the Level 1 strength and mobility workouts (including Foundation Core, Upper Body, Lower Body). I've attached a screenshot of my schedule for clarity.

Level 1 schedule.png

Hey Tamra, I took a closer look to the single bar mobility work. considering the general level of your workout...i think that you can take off the singel bar work...then

- access the top right corner of the course page;

-click on the dumbell icon;

-select course library;

HERE FOLLOW THE EXERCISE YOU CAN USE IN A ROUTINE TO SUBSTITUTE THE SINGLE BAR WORK WITH SIMILAR VARIATIONS:

exercise 1) move to stretch series;

-select the thoracic bridge course;

-then the icon to the right;

- use the shoulder extension hold;

exercise 2) move to stretch series;

-select the thoracic bridge course;

-then the icon to the right;

- use the elevated cat;

exercise 3) move to foundations 1;

-select the rope climbing;

-then use the PE1>IM

you can repeat these exercises for 3-4 rounds.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Miguel Perez

Hi Alessandro,

Being in a similar position, and I do not trust my current pull up bar setup to go upside on, I was thinking about substituting the single bar shoulder mobility for a second day of weighted mobility. Does this sound like a good idea? Otherwise, I could also do all of the single bar mobility work, minus  the inverted portion of it, and substitute that part with another exercise for now. Would greatly appreciate your thoughts on both options.

Thanks in advance,

Miguel

Alessandro Mainente
12 hours ago, Miguel Perez said:

Hi Alessandro,

Being in a similar position, and I do not trust my current pull up bar setup to go upside on, I was thinking about substituting the single bar shoulder mobility for a second day of weighted mobility. Does this sound like a good idea? Otherwise, I could also do all of the single bar mobility work, minus  the inverted portion of it, and substitute that part with another exercise for now. Would greatly appreciate your thoughts on both options.

Thanks in advance,

Miguel

You can consider using the above suggestion...

• Like 1

Miguel Perez

Just tried out your protocol substitution today and it was magic! Especially in Negative Parallel Bar Dips. My shoulder extension clearly needs work, but the range of motion and control vastly improved compared to last workout (not to mention less tension in the elbows). Thanks man!

• Like 1