Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What's better than GB workout during this covid19 time?

Jin Liu

ALL my gyms are closed because of this stupid virus. I really miss the days when I had a garage gym. Then I could be covid19+ (i'm not btw), and still be throwing weights, and not worried about disinfecting my equipments. OK, kinda gross. Now lots of gyms are posting bodyweight workout that you can do at home. But I have to say, GB has the best bodyweight workouts. I'm gonna revisit from the beginning. What are you working on? :)

Alessandro Mainente

I've always had a home gym with rings..stallbar...pullup bar..bench..plates...rope etc.

Well, i have studied micro-biology for a long time in my master's after the second degree. here in Italy, the virus is not going to stop until the end of June from my pov...why? because too many Italians are idiots. I'm actually buying a pair of higher pbars and something else so that i can completely train at home...so consider to do the same thing.

• Like 3

My gym is my home gym, so nothing changing for me. I'll just keep doing what I've been doing. The main goal for 2020 is to cap the year with at least one 2-minute rock-solid handstand. 

GST is a funny thing. I've been hung up on RC PE2 for ages with no sign of ever hitting  5 x 15 reps with iM, full range of motion, and no rest...yet am half way through SE7 for Lower Body. Sure is a humbling yet addictive and incredibly beneficial program.

@Alessandro Mainente Good time to visit Il Vaticano? No line-ups :)

• Like 1

Thomas Hanssen

I used to go to my local callisthenics park with my gymnastic rings. Its rarely any people there, but now with the gyms closed its packed.

Proper Coronafestival :( As Alessandro said. People are idiots, the virus can survive for 2-3 days on slippery surfaces.

So I've just stayed at home. Swaping some of the exercises. 

• Like 1

Yes there are tons of good exercises to do without any equipment! I can't hang my rings anywhere in my house so I can't do any pull up training but come on that's not going to last forever. It's a nice chance to focus on the weak points, mine are tight hip flexors and bad compression strength (probably related because my lower back don't want to flex?), and a bit more of shoulder strength can be very handy too.

• Like 1

Thomas Hanssen
1 hour ago, Eloy Bote said:

Yes there are tons of good exercises to do without any equipment! I can't hang my rings anywhere in my house so I can't do any pull up training but come on that's not going to last forever. It's a nice chance to focus on the weak points, mine are tight hip flexors and bad compression strength (probably related because my lower back don't want to flex?), and a bit more of shoulder strength can be very handy too.

If you have a table you probably can do rows underneath it :)

• Like 1

Petra Dvorak

I am currently on a two week holiday from my work as a Physiotherapist, but already before the closure of the frontiers we decided not to travel to France... I am not even bouldering in near areas.  As we live two hours away from Milano and the situation in Switzerland is worsening every day, i am sooo very grateful to have a beautiful garden, a forest to walk my dog and a perfect homegym! For the next weeks i want to focus on gymnasticbodies and fingertraining on the Beastmaker-Fingerboard. There's always some good in everything bad...

Stay home and stay healthy!

• Like 2

Hope everybody stays safe and healthy! Over the last week, whenever I walk the dogs outside, I can see people exercising. When I see people do the kind of exercises I'd do, I had this urge to join them, lol.

My doorway pullup bar finally arrived today. I'll hook it up with the rings. I also got a foam plyo box at home, a pair of parallettes, ordered dumbbells (they are sold out everywhere!), and some galvanized steel pipes (to be used as a barbell, only with light weights of course). Besides the gymnastic strength training, I also want do some leg work to maintain the strength, and esp. the explosive power for when I get back to weightlifting. 

Looking for explosive leg exercise ideas (ideally can be done in a 2nd floor apt. But can go outside when it's nice). All I have right now is single leg squats, and single leg jump on the foam box (16 or 20 inch). Anyone? :) @Alessandro Mainente

Guido Franchetti

Plyo exercises for the legs are essentially jump variations - squat jumps, sargent jumps for height and distance, jumping lunges, box jumps, single leg jumps for height and distances... Tuck/star/straddle/pike variation of jumps, rebound work (sprung floor/air track, definitely not on a hard surface). They can be hard for the joints and some are better left to a proper gym so be careful.

Here you can find some ideas

http://shiftmovementscience.com/5-leg-exercises-to-build-explosive-power-for-gymnastics/

• Like 1

Alessandro Mainente
1 hour ago, Jin Liu said:

Hope everybody stays safe and healthy! Over the last week, whenever I walk the dogs outside, I can see people exercising. When I see people do the kind of exercises I'd do, I had this urge to join them, lol.

My doorway pullup bar finally arrived today. I'll hook it up with the rings. I also got a foam plyo box at home, a pair of parallettes, ordered dumbbells (they are sold out everywhere!), and some galvanized steel pipes (to be used as a barbell, only with light weights of course). Besides the gymnastic strength training, I also want do some leg work to maintain the strength, and esp. the explosive power for when I get back to weightlifting. 

Looking for explosive leg exercise ideas (ideally can be done in a 2nd floor apt. But can go outside when it's nice). All I have right now is single leg squats, and single leg jump on the foam box (16 or 20 inch). Anyone? :) @Alessandro Mainente

if you have 15-20 single leg squat for each legs you are fine to begin. if not reach these numbers first.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Guido Franchetti said:

Plyo exercises for the legs are essentially jump variations - squat jumps, sargent jumps for height and distance, jumping lunges, box jumps, single leg jumps for height and distances... Tuck/star/straddle/pike variation of jumps, rebound work (sprung floor/air track, definitely not on a hard surface). They can be hard for the joints and some are better left to a proper gym so be careful.

Here you can find some ideas

http://shiftmovementscience.com/5-leg-exercises-to-build-explosive-power-for-gymnastics/

Thank you for the link! I'll have to go outside for the big jumps. Inside the apartment, I'm mainly doing single leg work for now. I do notice that whenever I land on a single leg, my knee is not as stable as I'd like. So more work to fix that weakness. I never noticed this when I train both legs together. It's fun to discover weaknesses and fix them :) 

• Like 1

Just saw an email from GB with WOD#2. It looks so awesome! I guess I missed the WOD#1 email. Is this WOD supposed to be for members only, or public? Do I have to have the subscription to see it every time, or my purchases of courses (before the subscription service) will let me see the WODs too? Also, I'm very excited about bucket circles, lol. How do I set it up in an apartment?

By the way, today I combined hollow body rock, arch body rock, and side body rocks (each side) together, 100 each, 2 rounds for time (WOD style). It was soo brutal! I definitely need more coordination for the side arch rocks. Reduced those to 60 per side. But did 100 for the others for 2 rounds. Died.

• Like 1