Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

problem developing HeSPU

Samuel Carr

Samuel Carr

I've been working on negative headstand push ups against a wall for the past 2 GB steady state cycles. I do each rep very slowly, then stand and kick back into handstand for the next rep right away. I just started the next cycle and was very excited thinking i'd finally be able to work HeSPU acents, only to find that I am still unable to do one. Very very depressing. So basically im wondering what to do instead of negatives, because those apparently arent doing it for me. Im thinking doing limited ROM HeSPU were i just lower as far as I am able to press back up...

whitemonkey

Doing partial reps can help you out. You can also lower down and then press back up as hard as you can (for a count that is up to you). I personally used the latter when i was first starting out and it worked well. As long as you are really working hard the results will come.

Samuel Carr

I see. That sounds good. Did you do stomach or back to wall when doing them?

Animalonfire
This article might help. At least the idea of hamstring assisted HeSPU's. You might also want to try Coaches wall runs (Dymanic sticky). And of course ensure that your shoulders are pressed when practising HS's

Samuel Carr

Well i dont really have anything high enough or stable enough to do them on, but last time i tried box HeSPUs i could do close to 10

Samuel Carr

The hamstring assisted ones sound like a pretty good idea. Im gonna try to figure out a place i can do them at

The hamstring assisted ones sound like a pretty good idea. Im gonna try to figure out a place i can do them at

One simple way to set them up is to take an old belt (or yoga strap) put it over a door and close it so it forms a loop you get your legs through.

Just test it so you know it won't pull through, if thats a problem you can wrap double up the end and wrap some tape around it.

A chair or sofa or bed will generally be suitable instead of a box

How is your dip strength? How about HS wall runs?

Something to think about is bent arm wall HS holds. Basically, it's a lockoff.

Samuel Carr

Not sure I understand the belt over the door idea..... I can do sets of at least 5 dips with rings turned out remaining completely straight lowering all the way to my shoulders. Im not sure how my handstand wall runs are. I know i can do at least a couple of them but by the time im finished with my typical workouts, im usually too tired to do them. Im going to start tho

Joshua Naterman

Get a cheapo pull up bar, one of the ones that's just a straight bar and stays in the door way with pressure. They are like 10;15 bucks. Use that for your box HeSPU so that you can adjust the height as you get stronger! Find the height where you can do at least 14 total reps in 5 sets and start there!