Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Struggling to understand a few things

Tom Goss

Hey all,

I'm new to gymfit TV and just have a few questions I'd love your help with. 

1) I am OK (not great) at bodyweight training already and decently strong. I can do pull ups and dips with +50% bw, tuck planche, tuck levers and wall hspus etc. My mobility is atrocious. Does it make sense for me to start right at the very beginning? The initial exercises seem quite easy from a strength perspective and I worry about losing muscle etc. I am sure I'll be very challenged mobility wise. I was also considering doing them alongside some other strength training. No idea though really - what would you recommend?

2) I can at the moment only see the foundations courses in the list. Do the level 1/2 etc unlock when you have finished foundations?

3) I cannot seem to see any recomendations for frequency - how many times per week should one do upper body foundations for example? Are there any good templates you'd reccomend I follow? 

Thanks in advance, looking forward to learning and improving my training

Alessandro Mainente
On 3/7/2020 at 1:57 PM, Tom Goss said:

Hey all,

I'm new to gymfit TV and just have a few questions I'd love your help with. 

1) I am OK (not great) at bodyweight training already and decently strong. I can do pull ups and dips with +50% bw, tuck planche, tuck levers and wall hspus etc. My mobility is atrocious. Does it make sense for me to start right at the very beginning? The initial exercises seem quite easy from a strength perspective and I worry about losing muscle etc. I am sure I'll be very challenged mobility wise. I was also considering doing them alongside some other strength training. No idea though really - what would you recommend?

2) I can at the moment only see the foundations courses in the list. Do the level 1/2 etc unlock when you have finished foundations?

3) I cannot seem to see any recomendations for frequency - how many times per week should one do upper body foundations for example? Are there any good templates you'd reccomend I follow? 

Thanks in advance, looking forward to learning and improving my training

Hi Tom, well the lack of mobility in the long term means shoulders that do not work well and probably, injury. My suggestion is to begin from the beginning...then if you have additional energy you can do something more at the end of the training session. reading your actual level is not so advanced.

if you have the annual plan all the levels of foundations should be included.

A 4 days a week template that splits the foundations' work is the good option is you are not completely a beginner.

Thanks a lot for the advice. Mobility is way behind strength. In fact, I was humbled by the first day of fundamentals - I cannot do the crab properly as my shoulders prevent me getting my hips up level with my upper body. Have a lot of work to do. 

I was thinking I will follow the fundamentals and stretch programs 4/5 days a week, then do some circuits of push ups/pull ups/ dips and BW rows after. Do you think that would work well?

Alessandro Mainente

If you add more work related to muscles contraction you still need to stretch or you will never fill the gap.