Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sartorius muscle pain

Adam Stozek

Hi guys,

I have a recurring issue with this muscle in my right leg.

satorius.png.d5711082c0374280c6e04ef74062fbc1.png

I assume that this is sartorius based on consultation with physician.

I am doing amateur gymnastics at my University and physician adviced me to ask my coach for some tips.

My coach told me it's pretty common among male gymnasts and that I should pay more attention to warm up.

While doing better warm-up helps a little (making round movements with leg, shifts from horizonatl split to front split) it doesn't solve the case.

I irritate it:
- in the deep squat (bascially any position when I go down as far as I can e.g. during climbing sessions),
- when rotating leg outside, especially when do it with bent knee
- sometimes during running

I try:
- focusing more on warm-ups,
- not pushing to the max,
- foam rolling every second day

As I said its recurring - now I have it for 4 months, but I had it before for some time as well.
It seems to get better after some time when I stop doing sports. But what solution is that...

Do you have any idea how can I help myself more?
I can't go for therapy as I study abroad and it's crazy expensive...

Thank you in advance,
Adam

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Adam, for sure in your training, here is a sign of overlead and connective tissues are not enough strong to support the load of your training. in fact you rest...then you come back to training and it appears again.

We have the same problem of your shoulders, injuries MUST BE MANAGED  face to face with an expert. personally i work a lot with the red athlete but only after a diagnosis of my personal friend staying with him when he visits my client.

Actually i have too little information about your problem, I do not know anything more about mobility deficits, strength and conditioning deficits, what type of movement you have learned or tried and much more. 

I understand the problem of being a student but honestly, i do not have instruments to give professional guidance.

My personal suggestion is to slow down and change your approach to training. shoulder injury and groin injury should say something more about your approach...it is not suited for you.