Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

High hamstring / glute pain during pancakes

Daniel Stephan

Daniel Stephan

Hello!

I have this issue going on for about two years now and it's slowly getting worse, so maybe anyone can help me with some input.

During pancake stretches, I feel a dull pain in the area where the hamstring meets the gluteus, slightly towards the hamstring. This is just felt with hips in abduction, so just in pancake, not in pike stretch.

I researched high hamstring tendinopathy and started doing some hamstring strengthening (like in the foundation lower body series), but it didn't (yet) help much. 

Does anyone have any ideas for what I can try to remedy this? 

Greetings

Daniel

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, Daniel Stephan said:

Hello!

I have this issue going on for about two years now and it's slowly getting worse, so maybe anyone can help me with some input.

During pancake stretches, I feel a dull pain in the area where the hamstring meets the gluteus, slightly towards the hamstring. This is just felt with hips in abduction, so just in pancake, not in pike stretch.

I researched high hamstring tendinopathy and started doing some hamstring strengthening (like in the foundation lower body series), but it didn't (yet) help much. 

Does anyone have any ideas for what I can try to remedy this? 

Greetings

Daniel

Hi Daniel , I had 3 pole professional pole dancers who had this problem and it took about 2 years to heal. this is one of the few cases where my suggestion is REST, don't stretch and do not perform strength exercises. nothing. the major limitation is that every time you sit you stretch this one, every time you walk you contract these muscles, it is simply overstressed all day. it will never heal.