Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Weighted mobility

Nicholas Čapek

Nicholas Čapek

Hello,

I'm interested in learning more about what weighted mobility actually does to the body. I know that in regular stretching we're trying to get the muscle into a stretched position for a prolonged period of time, which should make the connective tissue adapt and allow us to safely get into the stretched position.

But I find that in the weighted mobility workout I'm able to get into positions (obviously due to the added weight) that seem like they would otherwise cause an injury. For example with the weighted seated good morning or the pancake side bends I'm able to get quite a bit deeper into position. 

So what is it actually doing to the body? Is this what coach Sommer referred to as tendon strength in the pocsasts? Is it just the same as strength training, only we're building strength in extreme range of motion?

Thanks

Alessandro Mainente
11 hours ago, Nicholas Čapek said:

Hello,

I'm interested in learning more about what weighted mobility actually does to the body. I know that in regular stretching we're trying to get the muscle into a stretched position for a prolonged period of time, which should make the connective tissue adapt and allow us to safely get into the stretched position.

But I find that in the weighted mobility workout I'm able to get into positions (obviously due to the added weight) that seem like they would otherwise cause an injury. For example with the weighted seated good morning or the pancake side bends I'm able to get quite a bit deeper into position. 

So what is it actually doing to the body? Is this what coach Sommer referred to as tendon strength in the pocsasts? Is it just the same as strength training, only we're building strength in extreme range of motion?

Thanks

Hi Nicholas, simply the body get stronger in the position where the muscles is stretched and this is the key for the long terms cold-mobility.