Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Shoulder work for Bridging

Edward Smith

Edward Smith

Hey everyone,

I've been re-reading some posts and re-read the stuff on wall-walks and active back flexibility. And I would like to add wall-walks into my training as well as limbers eventually. The main problem I face is shoulder inflexibility in static bridges e.g I rely on my lower back. Are there any suggested stretches/drills I can focus on to resolve this?

Shoulder inlocates/dislocates.

Lay on a bench and allow your shoulders to be at the end. You should do this on your back as well as on your stomach. Hold a stick and move it up and down.

Cat stretch. http://www.drillsandskills.com/stretching/General/gn003

I usually have my kids do this standing with their hips as high as their shoulders like the pictures. If you play with this, you can stretch the hamstrings possibly as well.

Generally early in their warmup, we just hang from a bar ( I can get more kids on a bar than rings ) and wiggle from the hips and diaphraghm back and forth. I like to do the same personally on rings as well in my own warmups.

Generally I go stick dislocates and inlocates, bar hang and wiggling, then cat stretch.

Typically we will do cat stretch for longer durations and the laying stick drill at the end of workouts.