Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Intro plan for a committed GB follower?

Iain  McLean

I am looking for some guidance regarding the intro plan that includes fundamentals, restore, and bands.  First off can you purchase this plan without having a gym fit subscription?  I’ve read that the band series is only accessible with a gym fit subscription.

Secondly, I would like some advice on whether this plan would be a good choice for me.  I’ve been working on foundation 1, handstand 1 and the stretch series for a few years now with very slow progress due to a shopping list of nagging injuries (partial tear in rotator cuff, bicep tendinosis, Median nerve issue in palm, and some advanced degeneration around my TL junction).  Within the last year, the middle split program and Cossack squats also started to cause an issue in my left hip/groin.  I am wondering if taking a step back and incorporating the intro plan would be a good approach for me. 

Per week I am currently completing foundations 1, handstand and part of the TB series once.  I now only complete one of MS and FS each week because if I do both, my groin is aggravated.  I also complete hip rehab exercises twice a week and try to hang for around 6 minutes per day.

I am particularly interested by the restore course, as well as the band series.  I’m not so sure fundamentals would be as useful to me.  Would someone with more knowledge of these courses be able to chime in on whether someone in my position would benefit from all of these three courses or maybe just one in particular?

• Like 1

Alessandro Mainente
2 hours ago, Iain McLean said:

I am looking for some guidance regarding the intro plan that includes fundamentals, restore, and bands.  First off can you purchase this plan without having a gym fit subscription?  I’ve read that the band series is only accessible with a gym fit subscription.

Secondly, I would like some advice on whether this plan would be a good choice for me.  I’ve been working on foundation 1, handstand 1 and the stretch series for a few years now with very slow progress due to a shopping list of nagging injuries (partial tear in rotator cuff, bicep tendinosis, Median nerve issue in palm, and some advanced degeneration around my TL junction).  Within the last year, the middle split program and Cossack squats also started to cause an issue in my left hip/groin.  I am wondering if taking a step back and incorporating the intro plan would be a good approach for me. 

Per week I am currently completing foundations 1, handstand and part of the TB series once.  I now only complete one of MS and FS each week because if I do both, my groin is aggravated.  I also complete hip rehab exercises twice a week and try to hang for around 6 minutes per day.

I am particularly interested by the restore course, as well as the band series.  I’m not so sure fundamentals would be as useful to me.  Would someone with more knowledge of these courses be able to chime in on whether someone in my position would benefit from all of these three courses or maybe just one in particular?

Hi Iain, your question is everything but not simple to be answered, definitely.

My major question, for now, is if you have injuries and if yes if you are following a rehab program for them accordingly with a PT.

@Alessandro Mainente For my recent hip issue I am following a PT protocol that is very similar to this program: https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/recovery/hip-conditioning-program/

I have done PT for my shoulder in the past, but slowly stopped about a year ago as I was focussing more on foundations.  Just this past week I have began to integrate this program which includes all the exercises that I was initially prescribed by my physio : https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/recovery/rotator-cuff-and-shoulder-conditioning-program/

Alessandro Mainente

Well, i have to be honest, you had many problems, the best solution should use the GB programs BUT train them with a personal trainer. You had too many problems with all the major joints. when some clients come to me with a situation similar to yours i always suggest them to never train alone especially if they have some recurring pain in some exercises. so do you have any possibility to train with someone else more experienced than you?

4 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Well, i have to be honest, you had many problems, the best solution should use the GB programs BUT train them with a personal trainer. You had too many problems with all the major joints. when some clients come to me with a situation similar to yours i always suggest them to never train alone especially if they have some recurring pain in some exercises. so do you have any possibility to train with someone else more experienced than you?

Unfortunately I currently live in a small town where there are no personal trainers who specialize in any programming that is similar to GB.

Alessandro Mainente

Well, for sure you can begin training in the pain free range.

the question i want to ask you is why you have stopped the PT work for the shoulder? if you have a partial tear the surrounding muscles should compensate for the rest and as you begin exercises which are more stressful on the shoulders you MUST continue the strengthening program of the PT.

6 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Well, for sure you can begin training in the pain free range.

the question i want to ask you is why you have stopped the PT work for the shoulder? if you have a partial tear the surrounding muscles should compensate for the rest and as you begin exercises which are more stressful on the shoulders you MUST continue the strengthening program of the PT.

I stopped simply because I thought that working through foundations would provide my shoulder with the necessary strengthening and mobilization - but it turns out that is not true.  So if I begin again to train my PT prescribed exercises for my shoulder and hips, would adding the restore program be a positive addition or would it cover similar exercises? 

Alessandro Mainente

They can be....stop....the MUST be trained in paralllel. and for sure you can try restore work for the hips.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1