Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

German Hang Pulls for the first week?!

Romy Maxwell

Hi everyone,

Just started a week ago, love the program and signed up for the year!

As the title says, I couldn't believe that German Hang Pulls were part of the week 1 routine for Level 1. Who starts at Level 1, athletes? :) I'm in decent shape (i.e. not overweight & have some muscle), but I can't even lift my legs above 90 deg to be able to rotate backwards in the first place without momentum. I also don't trust that I'd be able to come down in a controlled manner once the legs are threaded through my arms.

Instead, I emulated the end position and gave myself a good stretch. I noticed that I couldn't even hang off the bar this way, the twisting position was too painful on my arms and shoulders.

Finally, if I wanted to re-arrange the schedule to change which day was the "free day", is there a quick way to do this w/out individually removing & re-adding each workout to another day?

Cheers and thanks,

R

• Like 1

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, Romy Maxwell said:

Hi everyone,

As the title says, I couldn't believe that German Hang Pulls were part of the week 1 routine for Level 1. Who starts at Level 1, athletes? :) I'm in decent shape (i.e. not overweight & have some muscle), but I can't even lift my legs above 90 deg to be able to rotate backwards in the first place without momentum. I also don't trust that I'd be able to come down in a controlled manner once the legs are threaded through my arms.

Instead, I emulated the end position and gave myself a good stretch. I noticed that I couldn't even hang off the bar this way, the twisting position was too painful on my arms and shoulders.

Finally, if I wanted to re-arrange the schedule to change which day was the "free day", is there a quick way to do this w/out individually removing & re-adding each workout to another day?

Cheers and thanks,

R

Hi Romy, skip the german hang pulls for now.

For the second question, it depends on the algorithm of the scheduler, if you cannot find the answers on the introductory videos maybe is better using the technical support on the course page.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 12/16/2019 at 12:59 AM, Romy Maxwell said:

Hi everyone,

Cheers and thanks,

R

Hi Romy, I'm t the same stage as you. First week. I'm wondering if there is an alternative exercise for the German maneuver that can help me progress to this stage so I can one day move to the German. I'm using a 'door pull up bar'. Does anyone have a good alternative? Romy, have you had any suggestions on this?  - Good luck with yoru progressions. Every awesome journey begins with the first week. 

Edited by Susan Kuz
you can unhide this post. I couldn't find out how.

Alessandro Mainente
On 10/3/2020 at 4:29 PM, Susan Kuz said:

Hi Romy, I'm t the same stage as you. First week. I'm wondering if there is an alternative exercise for the German maneuver that can help me progress to this stage so I can one day move to the German. I'm using a 'door pull up bar'. Does anyone have a good alternative? Romy, have you had any suggestions on this?  - Good luck with yoru progressions. Every awesome journey begins with the first week. 

Hi Susan, if you are very tight on shoulder extension and at the beginning of GST journey i suggest you find alternatives. you can open up a post in the private section of the thoracic stretch course..we can discuss the problem deeper.