Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lower Body Flexibility program: frequency

Emil Pettersson Qwdwqewqe

How often should I do the Lower Body Flexibility program to increase hip flexibility optimally? Once every week? Once every day? 

I am very inflexible in the hips.

Thanks in advance

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Emil, if you are extremely tight you should do the restore series daily. One you can see improvements you can use the middle spit and the front split series once a week.

• Like 1

Hello, and big thank you for the quick answer. I will get started with the Restore series.

Is the "Lower Body Flexibility" series (the one that says 'Limber up your legs and hips with this 30-minute follow-along flexibility sequence. Through static and active stretches, you’ll limber and lengthen the muscles of your lower body.') harder or easier than Front Split series and Middle Split series?

Best Regards

Emil

Edited by Emil Pettersson Qwdwqewqe
spelling

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Emil, if you click the "class finder" label at the top of the page you will reach another page where, if you scroll, you can find the restore series.

Yes, I have found it. But I wonder how to progress. Start with Restore, then Middle -and Front Split. And then Lower Body Flexibility-course? Or how does the course named Lower Body Flexibility relate to Split-series? Is it harder or easier?

Best Regards

Emil

Alessandro Mainente

If you are tight simply begin with restores series. if you feel them challenging you can stay on them.

Yes, thank you. I will stay on restore series, I promise this,  and I will probably have to stay there for a long time. But please, I just want to know how the other series relate to each other, I am curious about both movement and stretching on a theoretical level aswell as practical.

Alessandro Mainente

They are simply structured with harder exercises, more complex combinations of many muscles in the same poses. and if you are not enough flexible in easier variations there is low probability to get full benefits from these classes. movement is a standalone program that works on basic locomotion and rolling up to advanced rolling variation from a handstand or to handstand etc. the advanced the exercise the advanced the requirements...for example a solid handstand.

I mean between the Split-series and Lower Body Flexibility series. Which require the most flexibility? Please, why wont you just tell me straightly?

Best Regards 

Emil

Alessandro Mainente

It is personal depending on where you have tension.

Generally speaking, on the stretch series, there is a lot of single-leg work...while in the lower body series there is much more double legs work. so this last one can be harder.

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, Emil Pettersson Qwdwqewqe said:

Ok! Now I understand, thanks a lot for all the help!

you're welcome.