Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Thoracic Bridge Series

Heather Kasey

Heather Kasey

I have been doing the thoracic bridge series once per week for a year now but I am not seeing the growth a tremendous amount of growth . Should I be doing this series daily? Or rotating between all the stretch series? I am also doing the entire foundation series, I am currently on foundation 2 and with all the upper body strength exercises how does this not slow down gymnasts mobility? I can feel the increase in muscle all over my back, shoulders, and core but I feel like my backbends and mobility are still not showing results. Do other gymnasts go through this? What are the suggestions?

Alessandro Mainente
10 hours ago, Heather Kasey said:

10 hours ago, Heather Kasey said:

I have been doing the thoracic bridge series once per week for a year now but I am not seeing the growth a tremendous amount of growth . Should I be doing this series daily? Or rotating between all the stretch series? I am also doing the entire foundation series, I am currently on foundation 2 and with all the upper body strength exercises how does this not slow down gymnasts mobility? I can feel the increase in muscle all over my back, shoulders, and core but I feel like my backbends and mobility are still not showing results. Do other gymnasts go through this? What are the suggestions?

Hi Heather...well if you were locked on the spine extension and you can feel improvements...they are still improvements...it took to me about 10 years to reach the full bridge on the floor. unfortunately, i cannot predict something more about your situation but if you held restriction for 10 years...you can't t expect miracles in one year. the key is consistency and patience.

Doing too much can lead to loss of results. so do not perform the bridge series daily, is better taking 1-2 exercise from them and doing them daily. but we can discuss it in the private forum section.