Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Imbalanced body

Michael Mossman

Michael Mossman

Quick question, I'm not sure if this is due to genetics because my right shoulder blade protrudes just a bit more than my left or from training and being right hand dominated

I seem to have a muscle size imbalanced between my right side and my left side however not a strength imbalanced however this imbalance pops up the most during flexibility.

For example my left wrist is tighter than my right, same with my left bicep and hamstring. The issues that arise because of it is that the only time I've ever developed shoulder pain and injuries were in the left shoulder. As well now I can feel something cropping in my left leg.

The final thing I will add is that its seems to be these specific locations, because my hip and shoulder mobility has always been good like I can pop into a deep squat whenever comfortably and just hangout there and same thing with hanging out the bar. 

So what I'm wondering is for the stretching that I'm doing, should I A. stick with the program as is or B. add some more work on my left side?

Alessandro Mainente

HI Michael, the question is: who knows?

You can have structural scoliosis, i mean something that is arranged in the skeleton and you cannot do too much to solve it completely.

Or it can be required due to bad posture, bad training etc, and it can be recovered. 

the problem is that you need to check a PT in order to understand the origin of the problem, then make a conclusion, because sincerely i cannot say something more.