Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Training Frequency

Michael Mossman

Michael Mossman

Hi, first things first, this is only in regards to the strength training aspect of the program. I have quite a bit of lifting experience but wanted to replace that with getting more work on the gymnastic rings. An issue that I've been running into consistently is that my schedule is too busy and I'm wondering if only being able to get onto the rings twice a week, is enough time to incur growth in the tendons and overall adaption to the program. 

Alessandro Mainente
15 hours ago, Michael Mossman said:

Hi, first things first, this is only in regards to the strength training aspect of the program. I have quite a bit of lifting experience but wanted to replace that with getting more work on the gymnastic rings. An issue that I've been running into consistently is that my schedule is too busy and I'm wondering if only being able to get onto the rings twice a week, is enough time to incur growth in the tendons and overall adaption to the program. 

Hi Michael, rings are wonderful exactly like the stress they produce on shoulders and elbows. My suggestion is building up a decent basic strength, then you can begin slowly with rings...basic strength are concerned with rope climbing, straddle planche, hollowback press etc. everything can be found and trained with foundations. i'm now going to save time, i'm going to save your joints and possibly frustration due to injury. trust me that after 6-7 years of very solid work you can train safely and consistently rings.

• Like 1