Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Buldging discs...again

William ball

William ball

I was away from gst for a bit but still doing some mobility from it plus trying to get my hypertrophy on and at 40 I headed back into freestyle wrestling. (Boxed and grappled most of my life) I did however end up getting crushed a little too tight an felt the discs try to escape from mid down to lower back and subsequently end up crippled for nearly a week. I’m still in a bit of pain. Sorry for the long explanation and this is probably going to be an obvious answer but what classes should I concentrate on for the meantime and with what indication should I begin my foundation training again? Sorry if this is a real bone question but I just don’t want to waste anymore time being an idiot

William ball

It’s a collection of injuries from a job carrying obscene amounts of weight to further abusing my body with poorly structured weights routines compounded with grappling and swinging about kettlebells all when injured. I got squeezed in a vice grip type bear hug and felt things move in my mid to lower back. I couldn’t walk for a few days there as my left side was all spasmed up and nerve pain while bending at the waist.  I knew it was a bad idea but I’m trying to set an example to my son who’s on the matts. I used your programs a few years ago when injured and from not being able to run as the rebounding hurt my back Iv managed to run plenty of road races an marathon in the past year then this. I feel like such an idiot. Il never be a muscle guy or a wrestler at this stage so It’s time to wise up. Sorry for the massive reply I just feel I needed to provide details

William ball

As regurads to mobility and strength plenty of callisthenics inc pull-ups rope climbs press up variations and more animal style movements for mobility with a little well very little stretching, that said Iv always been quite limber from so many years in martial arts boxing grappling etc

William ball

Coach, I started doing Jefferson curls about 3 weeks ago and totally intend to restart these. Iv already started today just a set of 3 with no external weight basically until there is no pain. I did the restore thoracic and it definitely helped, no placebo effect. I’m assuming I can use restore thoracic daily? I know the stretch series can’t be used daily because the tissue takes time to remodel or is that not true?