Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking for Follow-Along videos in new Interface

Peter Lavoie

Peter Lavoie

Hey everyone,

I can't seem to find the follow-along videos in the new version of the website. Am I missing something obvious or are they no longer available?

I really enjoy them in setting a pace for the exercises. Thanks for the help,

Pete

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Andreas Adolfsson

I was also quite sad to see them disappear as they were very helpful for keeping the pace up.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Nils Westfelt

Same here.. Im a bit confused also about the logging. The smiley system seems to be gone to? So when we log our sets and reps are we supposed to move up or down manually or does the system do that automatically still?  

• Like 2

Johannes Walser

hey,

i already asked support, die vids are gone for now, will come back sooner or later though;

well, i guess more rest time for us then (;

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Your help guide is wonderful for helping us manage our data, but I really need to get to the videos as they were so I can do my work out and stretch exercises. I click on the program from the calendar and I see the video splash screen popup then it disappears behind a subscription card. Most frustrating. It was so easy before, but now i have to hunt for the video. I'm spending way too much time searching instead of working out. I have to get on with life, so I'll have to abandon today's work out. Please provide guides to get to the workout videos from the calendar or dashboard.

• Like 2

Peter Lavoie

I don't have access to "elements" as I don't have a GymFit subscription. I used to access them through the foundations programming.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I found my problem. It was a FireFox plugin got sync'ed to my home system from work that blocked the video player. I'm able to proceed now.

Kanesa Seraphin

Thanks for letting us know. I also do not have the gym fit membership so cannot get them through elements. I thought the follow along videos for foundation 1 were part of what we purchased when we bought the foundation (and stretch and mobility and handstand) series separately. I love the videos and use them regularly, even as I have moved to foundation 2. Is there any way to get them reinstated?

and, Can you please tell me if I will be able to manipulate the foundation steps in elements? Will it just add back the play full workout button if I buy the subscription?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Justin Hamby

Indeed. Seems like a few bugs in the new release. None of the videos work for me in the individual program screens. IE I open core for the day, attempt to watch a video for one of the exercises and the video won't play. 

Also I cannot find the follow along for the exercises as well.

Do we no longer need the fine option for the rating of difficulty? I attempt to click the green arrow or the red arrow to signify easy or hard, but it did not do anything.

• Like 1

Anthony Greene

Same here. I used to access them through the foundations programming, as I don't have gym fit subscription either. When did support say the videos will come back? 

Coach Sommer

Hello everyone,

No bugs in the new system.  People need to spend a bit of time reviewing their advocate and the new intro video to learn how to use the new features and find where some old features have been relocated.  And then spend some time actually using the new interface.

Some highlights:

Foundation 1-2-3-4 are all now integrated for subscribers.  This allows for workouts to be completely customized depending upon your individual strengths and weaknesses.  If one particular exercise variation is too easy or too challenging; change it from the easiest to hardest variations with the slider.  The same with your programming for that exercise.  This new interface now gives you the option to create a nearly endless variety of personalized workouts.

Those Foundation students who were accessing Elements before who were not subscribers should not have been able to do so.  That loop hole has been closed.

The Elements follow along workouts are still available for subscribers.

My development team is now working on reimplementing an option for the F1 follow along videos.  No time frame for completion yet.  However consider the follow along videos as primarily an educational tool and once you are comfortable with tempo and execution you should begin to work towards being comfortable with the new course interface as this will now be the standard interface for all more advanced courses moving forward.

As always, if you need additional assistance, customer support is there and happy to help.

Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer

• Like 5

Andreas Adolfsson

I think what people might be less satisfied with is the fact that we had the videos before there was a subscription model. They even autoplayed in the beginning, so calling that a loop hole is maybe a bit much. The idea might have been to remove those videos for non-subscribers when the subscription model was introduced but they were still available by clicking "follow along" on the exact same page as the workout, clearly visible. Very convenient, not only for pacing but also removing the need for a metronome when doing timed holds and stretches. I'm planing on getting a subscription when I'm done with the programs I've paid for anyway so it's just a minor bump in the road for me. :-) These programs have been a life saver for me as a full time desk worker and student so I definitely think it's worth paying more than I already have.

Also, maybe release the guide for the new interface a few days before it actually changes? I would have enjoyed getting familiar with the interface before entering my short lunch trying to cram in a quick workout, only to spend time looking for the removed videos. The email that came a while after the update would have been perfect to get before the update. I really like the update by the way! A lot clearer and faster to skip steps is perfect!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Marcus Patterson

Hi all

stopped using GB quite a while ago. Got frustrated at slow pace of improvement.

Now just coming back to it to try it again and have seen the new interface which to me is pretty confusing.

I tried just doing a workout in the gym following along and for the mobility side I can no longer see how many reps are supposed to be done, has that been removed?

Secondly you can´t just quickly see which mobility needs to be done, rather it seems I need to click on the videos every time until I know it by heart, is that correct?

Thirdly, there are soooooooo many different options available now to add to any days training, but with little explanation of what they are until you watch the video. It would be easier if there was a suggestion of when are where each option would be most suitable slotted in, depending on your training for that day. 

For example when I do stretch days (middle splits) do I need to do hamstring restore first, or is that not necessary. If not, what is the restore and when does it need using, if at all?

Apologies for the random questions, a lot has happened behind the scenes at GB !

Matthew Walker
4 hours ago, Marcus Patterson said:

Hi all

stopped using GB quite a while ago. Got frustrated at slow pace of improvement.

Now just coming back to it to try it again and have seen the new interface which to me is pretty confusing.

I tried just doing a workout in the gym following along and for the mobility side I can no longer see how many reps are supposed to be done, has that been removed?

Secondly you can´t just quickly see which mobility needs to be done, rather it seems I need to click on the videos every time until I know it by heart, is that correct?

The Foundation Core, Upper Body and Lower Body workouts all still have both a thumbnail image and video for the strength and mobility exercises. As far as I can tell the sets and reps are listed clearly for both during the workout and also in the Course Library section. 

Thirdly, there are soooooooo many different options available now to add to any days training, but with little explanation of what they are until you watch the video. It would be easier if there was a suggestion of when are where each option would be most suitable slotted in, depending on your training for that day. 

On the Home screen there is a "Choose your plan" button. If you have a subscription you can choose a level and it will populate a recommended schedule with all the appropriate Foundation courses, stretch classes, etc. 

For example when I do stretch days (middle splits) do I need to do hamstring restore first, or is that not necessary. If not, what is the restore and when does it need using, if at all?

On the Library tab there is a lot of information about the courses and classes, schedule, etc.

Personally, I had surgeries after almost a year out of
commission and am not supposed to go too hard with exercise yet so I use the restore courses along with the beginning foundation exercises to just keep moving while I recover. 

Apologies for the random questions, a lot has happened behind the scenes at GB !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Peter Lavoie
11 hours ago, Coach Sommer said:

Hello everyone,

No bugs in the new system.  People need to spend a bit of time reviewing their advocate and the new intro video to learn how to use the new features and find where some old features have been relocated.  And then spend some time actually using the new interface.

Some highlights:

Foundation 1-2-3-4 are all now integrated for subscribers.  This allows for workouts to be completely customized depending upon your individual strengths and weaknesses.  If one particular exercise variation is too easy or too challenging; change it from the easiest to hardest variations with the slider.  The same with your programming for that exercise.  This new interface now gives you the option to create a nearly endless variety of personalized workouts.

Those Foundation students who were accessing Elements before who were not subscribers should not have been able to do so.  That loop hole has been closed.

The Elements follow along workouts are still available for subscribers.

My development team is now working on reimplementing an option for the F1 follow along videos.  No time frame for completion yet.  However consider the follow along videos as primarily an educational tool and once you are comfortable with tempo and execution you should begin to work towards being comfortable with the new course interface as this will now be the standard interface for all more advanced courses moving forward.

As always, if you need additional assistance, customer support is there and happy to help.

Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer

Thanks for the answer, Coach Sommer.

This is just me rehashing your message to see if I understood it correctly: The follow-along videos we used to have access to in the Foundations program were actually part of the Elements programming and should not have been there. And you are now planning to bring them back for F1. Is that correct?

Cheers,

Peter

Marcus Patterson
1 hour ago, Matthew Walker said:

Thanks Mathew. I was using my mobile to do this today and could not see the reps for mobility anywhere and having to go back to course library everytime to find that info would be a pain.

Looking at the restore videos, just one was about 17 minutes. So say for example you think you need two or three of those specifics before your workout , you´d be looking at maybe two hours training time, sounds loooooong!

Maybe I have all of this wrong as it´s my first time seeing it today, but didn´t find it very intuitive to use. I did use the level one workout which suggested some stuff for me during the week so 

3 hours ago, Marcus Patterson said:

Thanks Mathew. I was using my mobile to do this today and could not see the reps for mobility anywhere and having to go back to course library everytime to find that info would be a pain.

Looking at the restore videos, just one was about 17 minutes. So say for example you think you need two or three of those specifics before your workout , you´d be looking at maybe two hours training time, sounds loooooong!

Maybe I have all of this wrong as it´s my first time seeing it today, but didn´t find it very intuitive to use. I did use the level one workout which suggested some stuff for me during the week so 

If you need 3 restore programs before workout maybe you don't need to workout after. Maybe I'm wrong but those programs are ideal for recovering from injury, if you need extra work in any muscle for the stretching courses you can ask the coaches what can you do to improve. When I started the bridge course I wasn't able to bend my back and instead of overworking I just sticked to the course and one year after I'm close to do a nice elevated bridge, and I'm a 39yo oldie!

• Like 1

Matthew Walker

@Marcus Patterson check out the interface video in the library section. It explains how everything on the front end works and the course/class explanations do a pretty good job of describing the purpose of each of them. You can probably read everything in under an hour. 

• Like 1

Mateo Echabarne
20 hours ago, Andreas Adolfsson said:

I think what people might be less satisfied with is the fact that we had the videos before there was a subscription model. They even autoplayed in the beginning, so calling that a loop hole is maybe a bit much. The idea might have been to remove those videos for non-subscribers when the subscription model was introduced but they were still available by clicking "follow along" on the exact same page as the workout, clearly visible. Very convenient, not only for pacing but also removing the need for a metronome when doing timed holds and stretches. I'm planing on getting a subscription when I'm done with the programs I've paid for anyway so it's just a minor bump in the road for me. :-) These programs have been a life saver for me as a full time desk worker and student so I definitely think it's worth paying more than I already have.

Also, maybe release the guide for the new interface a few days before it actually changes? I would have enjoyed getting familiar with the interface before entering my short lunch trying to cram in a quick workout, only to spend time looking for the removed videos. The email that came a while after the update would have been perfect to get before the update. I really like the update by the way! A lot clearer and faster to skip steps is perfect!

This pretty well sums up my experience, thank you for your post.  

• Like 2

Marcus Patterson

OK a follow along question. Since I train in a gym , to have too keep watching my phone would betricky for follow along videos (not to mention the data drain lol)

Is there a way to have the same exercises written down with reps and tempos etc alongside the video, so that I could for example see I have Hip Prehab for example or extended warm up, and can still do the video without having to watch the video?

Gareth Haines

I just tried a workout without the follow along video which I have been using for years. Very annoyed by the removal which is clearly motivated to try to get people to sign up to a subscription when they have already paid.

Anyway, what do you suggest is a good way to record timing for the stretching section in between reps? That was easy to manage through follow along. What do I do now? ...get a stop watch out each time and keep resetting with each shift in position eg left side to right side switch for 15s each? 

• Like 1

Alessandro Mainente
46 minutes ago, Gareth Haines said:

I just tried a workout without the follow along video which I have been using for years. Very annoyed by the removal which is clearly motivated to try to get people to sign up to a subscription when they have already paid.

Anyway, what do you suggest is a good way to record timing for the stretching section in between reps? That was easy to manage through follow along. What do I do now? ...get a stop watch out each time and keep resetting with each shift in position eg left side to right side switch for 15s each? 

If you read some posts above you see that Coach Sommer in person stated that his team is working for restoring the follow along.

Gareth Haines
6 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

If you read some posts above you see that Coach Sommer in person stated that his team is working for restoring the follow ares

Ok great thanks I must have missed that. Looking forward to it being reinstated so I can use it again. When am I likely to see that back in my purchases section? 

Malcolm Smith
7 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

If you read some posts above you see that Coach Sommer in person stated that his team is working for restoring the follow along.

I'm glad to hear that, and I hope he can also give us a time frame for when we'll have them back. Those videos were the absolute core of what I purchased two and a half years ago. I'd always assumed that the reason Foundation 1 is more than twice as expensive as Foundation 2-4 is because it includes the follow-along videos.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Alessandro Mainente
22 hours ago, Gareth Haines said:

Ok great thanks I must have missed that. Looking forward to it being reinstated so I can use it again. When am I likely to see that back in my purchases section? 

don't have an answer for you.

• Alessandro Mainente locked this topic