Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vita Vibe stall bars - bar diameter

Tamra Myers

Tamra Myers

Hey folks -

I bought the Vita Vibe Core series stall bars and just installed them the other day. The diameter of the bars is wider than I realized it would be, at 1.5 inches. I'm a petite woman with small to medium hands, and they just feel a bit too big for me. 

Has anyone else had this experience? Is this something I'll get used to, or did I make a mistake?

Thanks,

Tamra

Alessandro Mainente

Personally, it is like adapting to a little rope when you do rope climbing, the body reflects your activity so no matter, for now, your body will adapt better to your equipment.

Neil Gynther

I made a set of stall bars with 1.5” dowels thinking it would be sturdier. It was mostly ok, but in the later, inverted side lever progressions my grip always gave out before anything else (kind of scary when you’re upside down). It was hard to get enough stimulus in my shoulders. Since making stall bars with 1 and 1/8” dowels I no longer have that problem. The smaller dowels do seem to give me more calluses though. You should be fine for a while with the larger dowels, but in my opinion you’re going to eventually benefit from smaller ones.

Tamra Myers

Thank you for your responses, Alessandro and Neil!

I think you're right, Neil, eventually I will need smaller ones. I can only just get my whole hand around these. Hopefully I'll be able to adapt the equipment I purchased to the smaller bars.

• 4 weeks later...

I read on another post where Coach recommended 1" as he said 1.5" would cause the wrist/ grip to give up before anything else got a decent workout. 

I am wondering if there is a decent point in between? 1.1 / 1.25?