Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HSPU Form

shinobi1

Hey I was wondering if someone could tell me the correct form in doing HSPUs.

Is there any difference between floor, pbar, rings, freestanding?

I am currently doing them on the floor against the wall without FROM (top of head to hands) ... so form on that would help me out the most, but I would like to know the rest because I plan to progress to the others (also for other people).

In BtGB there a lot of variants. They will differ whether you are doing them freestanding or your legs on the wall or straps.

On the wall, you can go either elbows out or elbows in and back. The latter version is more similar to doing it from a free handstand to headstand or pressing out of a headstand to handstand.

• 1 month later...
Joshua Naterman

if you intend to achieve a full ROM HSPU you will definitely need to work with elbows moving parallel with each other away from the body, straight in front of you (as you see it). So basically at the bottom you will be in a tripod position, like a freestanding headstand. From there you push up, and your body will move back and up. At the top you should be in the straightest handstand possible for you.

Edit: Your hands will be close to shoulder width, not really wide.

Blairbob,

When you are referring to straps do you mean using something like a TRX device? I might have to try that out again. I did it for a while but stopped because I felt I was hitting more chest than shoulders doing it that way. The thing I did like is that my feet were not stable so it added a challenge but I thought I was neglecting the muscle I wanted to target.

oh in that case nevermind :lol: I am no where near that and as of now I perfer my neck unsnapped lol. Thanks for clearing that up though