Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Turning the elbows for IC

Martial83

Martial83

Hey everyone, so I've been training progressions for IC including Bulgarian dips and lowering toeards IC from support. One thing I just can't seem to pull of is turning the shoulders forward and elbows down from a support. I know what's required and the motion is simple when not supporting your bodyweight on rings, but then everything seems easier not on rings lol. Any tips on how to do this from support? Slipping into false grip seems to bring them forward somewhat but I then struggle to maintain a proper rings turned out position. Tricky.....any tips much appreciated!

Paul

There are two diffrent techniques, search on GB forum for article written by a coach sommer about iron crosses. Or find our older debates on iron cross (much usefull information written already). Then if you wont find an answer ask again.

Once you become stronger it becomes easier to properly slip into a false grip and turn your elbows/shoulders. That's my experience at least.

Wangtang6911

Do you have grips? When I first started training crosses, I didn't use grips and I felt that I couldn't get into it either. Then one day, I tried it with grips and it felt like the easiest thing in the world. When you lower, just make sure your rings are turned out and you should slip into a false grip pretty comfortably. Being in false grip will usually roll you shoulders forward and your elbows down.

Good Luck!

Do you have grips? When I first started training crosses, I didn't use grips and I felt that I couldn't get into it either. Then one day, I tried it with grips and it felt like the easiest thing in the world. When you lower, just make sure your rings are turned out and you should slip into a false grip pretty comfortably. Being in false grip will usually roll you shoulders forward and your elbows down.

Good Luck!

That's cause the grips slide for ya. :D

Basically, it's like chaining consecutive muscle ups -- you need to slip back into false grip.

Once you can do this, it's a matter of allowing yourself to slip while you're lowering with straight arms.

Martial83

Thanks for the good advice everyone! After gregors post i had a search and found some good stuff. I think it's a technique issue, I can do consecutive MUs so just need to get used to the slip from support, with MU I tend to slip once in bottom dip position.

Haven't tried the grips, thanks I may give them a shot. Just chalk and hands right now, though the callouses from rings

and parkour combined are ridiculous, they're like old leather boots now lol.