Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Band Series Frequency

Toma Tomov

Toma Tomov

Hi, I'm a newcomer to GST, so I would like to apologize in the event that this question has been answered before, and I was unable to find the answer during my searches. I am working my way through the Fundamentals Course, and I found advice regarding the frequency of redoing previous elements, as well as advice regarding the frequency of Restore Series training, however there doesn't seem to be an answer regarding the frequency with which Band Series workouts are to be repeated. Now the suggested Intro schedules for the first weeks introduce one or two band workouts, but they are different ones, and I don't think that the Band Series is intended to be repeated only once or twice a month. Can somebody help out with advice on the frequency with which the Band Series workouts should be repeated? Also, can the entire series be repeated at the same time like Restore, or should each sequence be treated as a separate workout?

Allan Bower

Hi Toma,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to GymnasticBodies training!

At first, I would recommend following the suggested one or two band workouts each week as many of these movements and exercises are completely different from anything you may have experienced before. It is very important to gradually build the strength and mobility required for each of these 'Band Courses' as they will target your joints, tendons, and any weak points that you may have in your muscles. As you become more familiar with these courses, you can then begin to increase the frequency to 2-4 of the band workouts each week. In my own training, (and after years of GymnasticBodies practice) I complete 'Chest and Scap', 'Elbow/Wrist', and 'Rotator Cuff' at the beginning of each of my workouts. I also complete the 'Ring Prep' before any ring strength and the 'Ankle' course before any running/single leg work.   These courses are perfect to get the blood flowing and to wake up your muscles/joints before completing any of the other courses! 

I hope that this helps and good luck with your future training!

Best,

Allan Bower

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Toma Tomov

Hi Allan,

Thank you very much for your advice! Your videos on the GB facebook page are kind of why I'm here. Wish you all the gold medals there are :)

Best,

Toma Tomov