Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

When to do planche,levers in addition to strength traning?

Th0mas

I`m currently working up to 10 perferct pullups and leg raises.

My routine looks like this:

pullups: 5 sets 4 reps each

Dips: 3 sets 8 reps each

various pushups: 3 sets reps: until a couple from failure

leg raises: 3 sets of static holds.

+various other exercises

I do this monaday, tuesday and friday.

Where do I put in the planche,lever progressions? I feel fit enough to do them in between strength-days, but wont that interfere with my resting?

Oh, and how wide should my pullup-grip be? I have been training it wider than shoulderwidth.

George Launchbury

Hi Th0mas,

I would stick with your schedule until you reach your goal, and then start working towards your new goals. There is always a temptation to do it all straight away, and I can tell you from experience that it will often end in tears (or at least angry elbows). Slightly wider than shoulder width grip is fine, and would also advise spending some time working on different grip widths, and also with palms-facing as well.

You're probably doing it already, but in case you're not - keep an eye on the tempo of your exercises too: 3 seconds up, 3 seconds down, pause 1 second at each end (3:1:3) which will help iron out any weak points in your movements that you overcome with momentum, and stop your muscles/tendons cheating to some extent (with stored energy) between reps.

Hope that helps?

George.

Thanks for the 3:1:3 advice. I have been doing slow reps, but not that slow. With that speed I can probably only do 2-3 pullups again, but I must train my muscles, not my ego;)