Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

“Restore” program after shoulder surgery?

Wayne Gorton

Wayne Gorton

Hi,

I’m 9 weeks post shoulder surgery (full thickness tear of the supraspinatus and bicep tendons). Still working with a physiotherapist and my mobility is improving,  it still has some way to go before I can start training again.

I’m keen on getting back into the program, but not sure where to start. I own most of the level 1 programs, but think that may be too much until I have my full range of motion restored.

Where is the best place to start and improve my shoulder mobility or strength? I haven’t yet subscribed as my plan was to complete the level 1 programs before joining the subscription program. As such, I don’t have access to the Restore series and wanted to know if perhaps they too would be too advanced for this stage of my rehab. I don’t want to start a free trial only to find it wasted at this stage.

Alternately, is there is better program than the “Restore” series to work back into, starting with my shoulder rehab?

Thanks for any advice.

Wayne

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Wayne, personally. i had a torn ACL. the rehab program should be COMPLETELY planned by physiotherapist and orthopedic simply because every single surgery has its own story:

-type of lesion;

-structures involved;

-type of surgery etc.

Restoring a healthy shoulder it is no restoring a shoulder with a surgery. follow PT program until the fully restored range of motion.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
Leon Connelly

Wayne & Allesandro,

I really messed myself up doing Fundamentals 1 Crab Walk.  It was a killer (I'm really out of shape as far as mobility/flexibility) and I was feeling the burn across my left tricep.  Well 5 workouts in my shoulder was killing me.  I went to my PT guy and he thought I had inflamed my supraspinatus or maybe even a slight tear.  

I did some work and it's much better now.  Before the motion like I was going to look at my watch killed me.  Even now I do it fast with my right hand but my left hand automatically slows down when my fist gets infront of my chin.  

Questions:
1) Guessing I should wait until I'm fully heeled before going back slower?
2) Is there any "regression" (instead of progression) for the Crab Walk?
3) Any advice on how to avoid re-damaging myself?

Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente
18 hours ago, Leon Connelly said:

Wayne & Allesandro,

I really messed myself up doing Fundamentals 1 Crab Walk.  It was a killer (I'm really out of shape as far as mobility/flexibility) and I was feeling the burn across my left tricep.  Well 5 workouts in my shoulder was killing me.  I went to my PT guy and he thought I had inflamed my supraspinatus or maybe even a slight tear.  

I did some work and it's much better now.  Before the motion like I was going to look at my watch killed me.  Even now I do it fast with my right hand but my left hand automatically slows down when my fist gets infront of my chin.  

Questions:
1) Guessing I should wait until I'm fully heeled before going back slower?
2) Is there any "regression" (instead of progression) for the Crab Walk?
3) Any advice on how to avoid re-damaging myself?

Thanks!

Hi Leon, i suggest to take off what is causing pain....

AND for the nearly future... ( i've seen zero post from you)...the best idea is to post videos of your execution because very often bad technique results in more possibilities of injury.