Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gironda dips...or Bulgarian dips?

Guest ilove2workout28

Guest ilove2workout28

Which is better for chest strength/development? Here's how to perform gironda dips:

and of course we all know how to do bulgarian dips. :)

Daniel

Not having tried the "Gironda" dips, as demonstrated on the video, I am going to venture to say that Bulgarian dips are going to give a person more of a strength challenge. Of course, it is all relative to where a person is in their strength development to say whether one exercise is better than the other for building strength, but Bulgarian dips on the rings are tough, especially if a slow tempo is used to descend, and there is a pause at the bottom.

Doing them on the rings that way would be harder than doing them Bulgarian style. Piking the hips and hollowing the chest make them easier.

Besides dips on parallel bars are easier than rings.

John Sapinoso

Gironda is probably more specifically aimed toward hypertrophy since it emphasizes time under tension, but if that's your goal, take the best of both worlds and use increased time under tension with bulgarian dips.

Rings turned out (45 degrees past paralle or more) dips + leaned forward (30+ degrees)..... way better than any variation listed in this thread.

For both strength and hypertrophy.

John Sapinoso

I think he means the same thing as what people refer to as RTO dips (think limited range ian). I'll vouch for these dips, with the amount of stretch and stress added from the lean, these are much better for strength and hypertrophy than any of the above, if you can handle them.

Joakim Andersson

RTO dips has helped my strength a lot. There's no movie clip of them here, is there? Would be nice though, so more people can discover them.

John Sapinoso

here, just made this today

yXxQGgwB_FU

Guest ilove2workout28

wow. What does ROT mean? That vid is cool, and not to sound like an idiot (no offense to anyone), but ROT dips don't look too difficult; of course I have to try them for myself. It seems like there's a decent amount of momentum for you to push your way back up to the starting position. Once I do it (properly I hope), I will re-post about it.

Daniel

wow. What does ROT mean? That vid is cool, and not to sound like an idiot (no offense to anyone), but ROT dips don't look too difficult; of course I have to try them for myself. It seems like there's a decent amount of momentum for you to push your way back up to the starting position. Once I do it (properly I hope), I will re-post about it.

Daniel

RTO is rings turned out.

Notice that his palms are facing forward or "out" from parallel position.

It is unlikely you will be able to do a dip holding this RTO position if you've never tried before unless you are strong from previous S&C background or have a very solid foundation in basic strength (which I doubt cause you've never heard of RTO).

Do not use momentum. If he did, then he did by accident.

Daniel

Looking forward to the repost.

John Sapinoso
ROT dips don't look too difficult

Daniel

that's a side effect of my supreme buffness. . . making it look so easy :wink:

i reviewed my video, what you may have perceived as momentum is simply my center of gravity shifting to compensate for the forward lean, however this is a controlled shift. a few reps on that last set though do appear to be a bit out of control. aim for gironda tempo with these if you want to negate all momentum.

Joshua Naterman
ROT dips don't look too difficult

Daniel

that's a side effect of my supreme buffness. . . making it look so easy :wink:

HAHAHA!!! :lol:

Guest ilove2workout28

I just tried the RTO dips, and lets put it this way, i didn't give it my all, but i managed 2 reps (not with the best form possible though). It's very difficult, and the positioning feels weird. Tomorrow I will really try them out. Thanks again for the vid and the NEW exercise for me to add to my routine.

Daniel

I just tried the RTO dips, and lets put it this way, i didn't give it my all, but i managed 2 reps (not with the best form possible though). It's very difficult, and the positioning feels weird. Tomorrow I will really try them out. Thanks again for the vid and the NEW exercise for me to add to my routine.

Daniel

If you have a vid I'd love to see if you're doing it right.

Guest ilove2workout28

Unfortunately, I don't have anything to make a vid. :( also, I don't have lot of room to use my rings; I use them in a door way which is about 31 inches in length, so the rings sometimes hit the sides, or my hands hit it. So it is more difficult for me as opposed to some other ppl who have greater space to use them. I just gotta make due with what I have.

Daniel

If the rings are supporting against the sides its about 200 times easier. Also I'm guessing doorway means short straps but anyways, keep up the hard work :D

Guest ilove2workout28

The rings AREN'T supported by the sides, but they SOMETIMES bang into them. The height that I can adjust them to (they hang from a pull up bar) is roughly 6 feet. After I do these, I do the Bulgarian dips right away.

Daniel

I gave the RTO dips a try, it felt like a mix between a dip and a bent arm planche to me. Not sure if I did it right, I leaned forward quite a bit but my legs didn't travel back in a nice straight line like in the video.

here, just made this today

yXxQGgwB_FU

It looks really hard as exercice , i'll try that at my next training !!

thanks