Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recovering CrossFitter

Michael Rountree

Michael Rountree

I'm having a hard time navigating the course material on the site to customize it more to my needs.  I am a more advanced crossfitter with a decent “crossfit gymnastics” background (Certified CrossFit Gymanstics Trainer).  My plan in signing up for gymansticbodies was to pull back on the number of metcons per week and focus more on strength/mobility training as well as work towards achieving/mastering some higher level skills (press handstands, planche, levers, etc).  

However, the only thing I can manage to find is the very begginer level programming on the "My Course” section.  I can see where you designate each movement as too easy, easy, fine, or too hard, but I'm not sure how we can skip forward a little bit to things that will be more challenging and "meet me where I am” on skill level so to speak.  Help please!

5 hours ago, Michael 353835 said:

I'm having a hard time navigating the course material on the site to customize it more to my needs.  I am a more advanced crossfitter with a decent “crossfit gymnastics” background (Certified CrossFit Gymanstics Trainer).  My plan in signing up for gymansticbodies was to pull back on the number of metcons per week and focus more on strength/mobility training as well as work towards achieving/mastering some higher level skills (press handstands, planche, levers, etc).  

However, the only thing I can manage to find is the very begginer level programming on the "My Course” section.  I can see where you designate each movement as too easy, easy, fine, or too hard, but I'm not sure how we can skip forward a little bit to things that will be more challenging and "meet me where I am” on skill level so to speak.  Help please!

Hey Michael,

The answer you wanna hear:

If you enter for example the foundation course and you click on the gear icon, you can go to the course settings. There you can choose the step you want for the different courses. If you click on the dumbell icon on the top of the screen you can go to course library and navigate through the entire courses to see every step with videos of the exercises and check how far can you go.

The answer you should take in account:

In Gymnastics Strength Training (GST) in general and in gymnasticbodies in particular the perfect form is a must, so probably you shouldn't skip any step without making sure you are doing it with perfect form and full Range Of Motion (ROM). For example, 5x15 push ups are easy, but with perfect form and full ROM is not something you see often with people not familiar with GST. The foundation courses are a must to unlock your full potential!

I have been training GST and tumbling for a few years and I thought like you to skip until my level but finally I put my ego down and started from the beginning! Just rank the workout too easy if it's too easy and you will progress fast until you reach a step where you have to train harder. Handstand 1 is very important to start from 0 but you can combine it with handstand 2, but take in mind that if you don't have a perfect line handstand you will be struggling soon in the course. But maybe I'm wrong, send a video of your handstand in the HS forum so the coaches can evaluate your form.

Alessandro Mainente

HI Eloy the biggest problem concerned with "easy" is that we are doing a personal evaluation. Yesterday one my client referring good pushing strength due to his ability to perform scaled handstand pushup was not able to perform 10 regular pushup.

MY personal suggestion is filming yourself doing basic exercises no matter how much basic they are, getting critique and progress. and if your form is ok you could be invited t test mastery and show them to forum coaches before moving on.