Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Starting with Coach Sommer recommended schedule

Eloy Bote

Hi,

I decided to start the recommended schedule, but I have a question regarding handstand. Actually I have nice handstand strength, I can hold it up to 1 minute. It's not a perfect shape handstand, but almost there, it's not an ugly banana! I started handstand 2 some months ago but I want to combine it with handstand 1 expecting to get a better shape. I have been doing thoracic bridge course for a while too and with the help of my pt I have improved my shoulder angle opening. Will it be too much work or can I do handstand 1 and 2 and thoracic bridge the same day?

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Eloy, considering that "almost good" can be good and maybe not good. it's like saying almost straight elbows...they are bent.

said that before suggesting a more specific schedule I would invite you posting your handstand on the private handstand one section. if your handstand is ok then we can talk about more structured work. if not, the major work should be refining your handstand.

43 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Eloy, considering that "almost good" can be good and maybe not good. it's like saying almost straight elbows...they are bent.

said that before suggesting a more specific schedule I would invite you posting your handstand on the private handstand one section. if your handstand is ok then we can talk about more structured work. if not, the major work should be refining your handstand.

Thanks Alessandro!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Ian Cook 353813

Hi

I started GST just this week. So far so good... that is, until I got to the Thoracic Bridge workout, which has me feeling quite dispirited because so many of the movements seem (to me at least) to be several levels beyond that of a beginner - which is where I'm starting from.

Is there a substitute workout that I can switch in place of the one that appears in week one of Coach's recommended schedule - that will help me progress to this level and not risk hurting myself with movements that don't appear to be intended for beginners?

Thanks,

Ian

Alessandro Mainente

HI Ian, have you tried the scaled variations of the course page?

click on the dumbell in the right top corner of the course page;

the click on course library;

then select stretch course;

then click on thoracic bridge;

then select the icon on the right.

a full list of the single exercises will appear with a scale variation if possible.